Chapter 112

The music changed to a slow song and soon couples started going in pairs encircling the entire town square.

"Do you want to... Huh? What the?"

When Ann turned to her left, Noah was nowhere to be found. He had vanished into the crowd leaving her alone with Raeden.

'Where did he go?'

Ann searched everywhere. She was about to ask him for a dance. But he had disappeared without a trace.

"What to dance?"

When Ann turned back to the sound of the familiar voice, Raeden was looking at her.

He was not evading her. His black eyes were gazing into her emerald ones.

"What?" Ann blinked.

She felt surprised for a moment, wondering if she was hearing things.

"Was that not the right way?" Raeden asked himself confused if he was saying the right words.

"May I have this dance, Young lady?"

He held out his hand to Ann with a warm smile on his face.

To Ann, the most unexpected words had come from the most unpredictable person.

For the two years she had known Raeden, she had never seen him smile like that before.

It was more than enough to turn any girl's heart into a race car. And she was no different.

'Did he just ask me for a dance?'

Although Ann was stunned at first, the surprise soon faded away and a wide smile bloomed on her face.

"I would love to"

She grasped Raeden's hand and half dragged him into the dance floor.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the square, Will watched Ann and Raeden dance with a gloomy expression.

"There goes your last chance" Gallahan put a hand on his grandson's shoulder to console him.

"Sometimes it's best to know when to move on. Don't hurt yourself kid. There is a lot more you have to experience"

He ruffled Will's hair and walked away, leaving him alone to figure out his feelings. Since it was something he had to go through on his own.

"Yeah" Will smiled wryly.

He felt a prickle in his heart. He may have only known her for a short period of time, but it was hard watching his first love go into the arms of another man in the center of the dance floor.

And the worst part was that the only thing he could do was stare at them hopelessly from a corner.

But there was something else that was concerning him.

He was sad and sorrowful from watching his first love being squished. But,

'What's his problem?'

Will was muddled.

Standing next to him and staring in fury with clenched fists was Kalan or Kalan Verglas, the leader of the Orion merchants. And the person on the other end of his intense gaze was his first love.

Will had only learned Kalan's full name hours ago from his Grandfather. He was standing alone without his assistant Ezra, who was usually always around him.

Will felt a chill in the air.

For some reason, Kalan has been exhibiting a murderous aura that was too hard to ignore. Even the people around him started to scurry again feeling uncomfortable.