Chapter 162

Although they have conversed several times as Ann and Kalan, this was Angelica's first interaction with Edward Frost the main protagonist of the novel. First impressions were always key factors when it came to deception, something Edward had accomplished as Kalan.

With that in mind, Angelica glanced around her. There were about eight maids and twelve Knights standing along the wall with the butler Nathaniel at the head behind Edward.

While Edward and a few of the Knights may have seen her true self for the past month, it was not the case for the rest of them.

Angelica's character setting was pre-established. Back when Edward was still cursed, the people in the Frost estate had seen an interpretation of her that was a heavily filtered version of her real personality.

To them, Angelica Frost was a quiet and humble woman by nature, born in a countryside noble family sheltered from the works of the world.

Ann alias Antarctica Leveret on the other hand was a rugged mercenary on the move from Velven who had no knowledge of noble etiquette or speech. She was the polar opposite of the young Duchess they knew and heard of.

'Although I can't do anything about the way I look...'

All Angelica had to do was be her usual self to raise suspicions among the servants. Since people tend to gossip a lot, getting the word out to control their perspective of her would be crucial.

"How are you feeling?"

Edward's question caught Angelica off guard. Hearing Kalan's voice through Edward's lips sounded unnatural.

The only times Angelica had heard Edward speak were in her nightmares the tone of which quickly faded from memory after waking up. Now that she could see him speak, she could clearly recognize the virile voice that whispered in her sleep.

'I expected him to ask something along the lines of 'Why are you not dead?' though... this is new'

After taking a moment to think, Angelica answered honestly,

"Not too good"

Angelica's body was still recovering after the mana outbreak. Although she felt better after the bath, she was still nowhere near full capacity.

"The priests from Eir will come in the morning to bless you regularly till you recover. Regaining your health is the most important factor now. Everything else can wait..." Edward's calm explanation prompted Angelica to enquire,

"How long was I gone?"

"Three weeks and two days" Edward paused for a moment before adding, 

"It will take longer than that for your mana to restore"

"Three weeks..." Angelica mumbled biting onto her lower lips.

While she only expected a day or so to have passed, she had no idea weeks had gone by without her knowledge.

In the novel, when the Archmage Richard Stein had an immense mana outbreak the new Saintess Helen was there to control the situation before he could destroy the capital. She also aided in his rehabilitation by regulating his mana to flow naturally through his heart which was exhausted after the incident.

Seeing how there was not even a scratch on Edward's face or the Knights who accompanied him, Angelica deduced that he must have used something of a similar caliber to escape unscathed. And for the Eir Priests to bless her every day, it seemed like he had no intention of letting her out for the time being.

'Guys...' Angelica worried about the Nero mercenaries. 

Given the amount of time that passed, they must be halfway back to Velven. Being beside her had almost them cost their lives.