CHAPTER 69

'This is bad'

Angelica looked around as she walked towards the Head assassin.

Seeing the knights unconscious on the ground lifeless, she clenched her fists.

If she did not follow his orders then he would kill the knights. Even if she does, there was a possibility that he might still kill the knights.

So she decided to take her chances by following his words. She has a higher chance of winning against this if she were to get closer to him.

The people around her were all focusing on her expressions trying to catch a glimpse of her state of thoughts. 

Angelica stealthily checked the weapons hidden beneath her clothes.

They were hidden in an easily accessible position for her to take out and attack. But the current situation isn't something that can be won entirely by brute strength. The enemy might have more cards up his sleeve than what can be seen.

Angelica had her poker face on. She didn't react to their intimidating stares. She was in fact, hatching up a plan inside her head to save everyone and at the same time escape without having her life taken.

Ignoring his outreached hand, she stopped two steps in front of him overlooking the cliff.

The sea was being merciless as ever, with waves crashing against the mountain like a wild bull. When the waves pulled back following its repetitive pattern, rocks as sharp as diamonds were revealed.

"Wow. You are very obedient" He tapped his chin as if he was amused.

"..."

"Well that just makes things easier"

"..."

"I have to say this you are more beautiful up close"

"..."

"Angelica right? Angelica Ashford"

He started walking around her in circles while assessing her. His robe fluttered in the wind as he walked around.

"Or is it Frost now?" The head assassin's lips curved into a smile.

"..."

He stopped walking and stood behind her facing her back.

"You don't talk much do you....hmmm"

"Turn around"

Angelica slowly spun back and faced him while occasionally glancing at the people around her.

Suddenly the head assassin launched forward and grabbed her neck with his right hand.

"!"

"Focus on me" He said, pulling her closer and peering into her face.

Angelica had been counting the number of heads that were visible behind him. There were a total of fifteen snake masked assassins and twelve with black cloth hiding their faces along countless dead ones on the floor.

The others could be taken care of by her with enough effort. But the problem was the lunatic holding her by the neck.

Although she could not use magic, she had the basic alertness to its usage. He had a lot more powerful than that meets the eye.

Angelica could feel her anger rising by the minute.

'The key to winning against him will be the element of surprise. So no matter how much he tries to provoke me, I have to hold it in' Angelica bit her lips.