Chapter 161

"Why does this keep happening to me!?" Angelica roared, screaming into a pillow in frustration.

The situation was all too familiar. For the second time in this life, Angelica found herself in the same position after a similar string of events led to her life being turned upside down.

After falling unconscious amidst her failed escape attempt Angelica had woken up in the same room she was previously in. But unlike before she was not alone. From the shadows moving beyond the door, she estimated a minimum of four people to be waiting or presumably guarding on the other side in case she tried to flee.

Instead of getting up, Angelica lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling vacantly. Although awake she still felt drained of energy and lethargic to move.

If she were to take one step outside, she would be immediately caught in sight. Added that she was in no condition to fight her way out of the place, it would be a waste of energy to struggle fruitlessly. She was trapped like a fox in a cage.

Currently, Angelica was in the Frost estate in the capital city of Orion, Volos and the person who brought her was one of the male leads of the novel and her husband, Edward Frost.

Earlier when Angelica first regained consciousness she may have been too confused to notice but there were obvious signs indicating her location from the Silver Wolf emblems engraved on the furniture and door knobs. Even the ceiling had similar designs that she failed to see.

"Why?? Just why??" Angelica sat up and threw the pillow in defeat.

Seeing the very person she was hiding from lead her into a trap had taken a toll on Angelica's psyche.

'The signs were all there. I should've seen this coming... I should've seen him' Running her hands over her face, Angelica deeply regretted signing the contract with Orion Merchants.

His appearance as Kalan was in stark contrast to the male lead Edward she knew. Edward's ruby-red eyes have been haunting her dreams for a long time to the point that she would recognize them even if she were on the verge of death.

In contrast, Kalan's appearance was of a gentler nature compared to his true imposing stature. He had a quiet and friendly deposition while Edward was known to be a cold individual who did not know the meaning of patience. Like the cliched male lead he was, he only exerted kindness when it came to Helen.

After a brief deliberation, Angelica concluded that he must have used some sort of illusion or glamor magic to change his appearance. She wondered if he had also taken any magic potion or drug that changed his personality during the trip.

"I'm never signing another contract in my life ever again..." 

What irked her more was the fact that she had walked into Orion on her own accord completely oblivious of the ambush waiting for her.

"Kalan... Edward... Arghhh!!" Angelica grunted and recounted every interaction she had with Kalan throughout the course of the trip. 

Now that she understood the bigger picture, there were red herrings everywhere. From the moment they first saw each other in the village right till they reached Parthellam. 

It was no wonder they were able to seamlessly pass through all the checkpoints till Parthellam. With Edward onboard, the tower guards must have been informed prior to his arrival and they in turn cleared the pathway for smooth passage.

'How did I not suspect him?' Angelica clutched her head feeling disappointed in herself.

Like how they always bumped into each other at the oddest of locations. Or how he was overly comfortable with her than the people from his own crew and even rode beside Angelica in a horse rather than taking the carriage which was far more comfortable.