CHAPTER 78

"Angelica...?" Clive called out, his hand reaching out to her.

"Is that really you?" His eyes wavered.

He felt a surge of emotions come over him.

Angelica jumped down beside the desk and flexed her neck instead of answering him.

"I knew it...I knew you couldn't have died" Clive got to his feet and walked to her.

"I'm glad you are safe, An-An" said Clive, hugging her.

Angelica didn't respond to any of his words and kept her mouth shut. She pushed Clive away and took a step back.

"An-An.....?" Clive was puzzled. It was not like her, to stay quiet in such a situation.

Since the lights were out, he couldn't see her face properly.

Angelica tilted her head and sweetly smiled at him before her face turned into a rageful one.

"What's wron....."

Before Clive could finish his sentence, Angelica kicked him with full force and sent him flying in the air.

*Bang*

"Ugh......" Clive grunted. He tried to get up after being thrown through the air towards the door.

*thunder*

Angelica strode towards him and yanked him up to his feet.

"You f*ckin piece of sh*t" cursed Angelica, holding him by the collar against the wall.

She rummaged through her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper and threw it at his face.

" 'I'm sorry'.....is that the only thing you got to say?"

"I....I..I know An-An. But will you just please let me talk" Clive tried pleading with his hands raised in the air.

"Talk? Ohhhhh....You've got a lot to talk huh?"

"The county sustained a lot of damages from a series of natural disasters and we needed a lot of resources to restore everything......and"

"And?" Angelica asked with her rage meter increasing by the second.

"And.....at the same time, a proposal came from the Frost Duchy for support in exchange for...." Clive averted his eyes unable to meet her fierce gaze.

"In exchange for?"

"For your hand in marriage"

"..."

"Angelica...." Clive gulped and waited for her reaction.

Clive tried to get a look of her face but he couldn't since she had her head down.

"You...." Angelica's hands trembled.

"You sold me!" She yanked him up, rising his foot from the ground.

"You sold your own flesh and blood!" Angelica's face was flaming red in anger.

"I..I'm sorry An-An"

"Owwww" Clive grunted in pain. 

Rather than the physical pain, his heart stung being in the receiving end of her anger.

Angelica continued banging his back to the door as she bombarded him with questions.

"What about mom and dad?"

"They..they don't know"

"They don't know you sold me or they don't know I'm dead"

"Neither"