Chapter 131

"Who?" Kalan asked, confused.

Although the names sounded familiar, he had no idea who she was referring to.

"Arthum! Helo!" Ann screamed.

As excited as she was, it completely slipped her mind that Kalan might not be familiar with those particular names.

"I meant..." Ann pulled Kalan by the arm to the graves.

The grave on the left had a moon engraved on the stone, in front of it stood the stone platform from which Ann had pulled out the black longsword and, the grave on the right had an engraved sun.

Ann placed the longsword on top of the grave with the moon engraving and declared,

"We found Emperor Arthur and the Hero of Orion!"

Emperor Arthur Caiden Orion, the strongest emperor in history, established the empire of Orion after conquering the war against the great evil. He was aided by his most loyal comrades the Great Sage Arthmus Stein and the Hero of Orion, whose name was forgotten by time.

Emperor Arthur and his compatriots fought together in the battle against the great evil, during which the Hero of Orion sacrificed his life, thus winning the war.

After the victory, Emperor Arthur laid down the foundation of the empire, striving for the welfare of people for nearly ten years before passing down the throne to his younger brother Emperor Philip.

During his reign Emperor Arthur constructed a number of temples across the empire with the Temple of Eir to the north of Orion's capital Volos, being the first. It was built in memory of the Fallen Hero.

After the inauguration, Emperor Arthur started on a pilgrimage throughout the continent to destroy the remnants of evil, subsequently vanishing from the face of history.

Any mention of Emperor Arthur from then stopped at that point.

For nearly five centuries historians and experts across the continent have speculated about his whereabouts.

Multiple expeditions were funded by the imperial family to find the truth. Though none of the excavations have been fruitful in centuries. 

Conspiracy theorists have debated that Emperor Arthur was buried in the place where his dear friend was resting. 

Some say they were in love, whereas others say they were just friends.

"Emperor Arthur was never found" Ann explained to Kalan.

The farfetched theory was the only plausible scenario for the given situation. There was no better place than Eldom for Emperor Arthur to retire to and spend the last of his days with a loved one.

After he passed away, he must have been laid to rest next to his lover so that they could reunite in the afterlife under the blessings of the Goddess Eir. It might even be the Great Sage that helped build the tomb.

"Of course he isn't alive since it's been over five hundred years. But no one knew where or what happened to him" Ann panted, out of breath from.

She couldn't contain her smile. It was every reader's dream to see their two ideal figures in real life. For her to be the first person to discover the holy shrine was in itself a blessing.

While Ann was busy in her own world, drowning in bliss, Kalan was more focused on her hand tightening clenching onto his arm.

Seeing the twinkle in her eyes, Kalan couldn't help but chuckle. Ann was behaving like an excited child who was handed her favorite toy.