Chapter 101

Ogres are beasts that live in groups deep within dense forests.

Ogres are generally five-six times the size of an average human and have fangs protruding from the sides of their mouth. The thick green skin made the first line of defense since they cannot be penetrated easily.

They hunted and fed on the animals in the region, until developing a taste for human flesh. Since then, there have been numerous human casualties, especially hunters and travelers.

What were once mindless beasts with only the urge to kill and feed, have now evolved into beings with the ability to forge weapons and plan attacks on travelers when they least expect it.

Ogres have learned their tactics from the way humans live and adapted to the changing world. There have been many instances that the guild put out requests for ogre extermination.

Ogre fangs and skin fetched a high price in the local markets for their sturdiness and ability to withstand wear and tear.

On top of that, the myth surrounding the Eldom forest about the concealed fairy forest was no more than Orion's way of keeping outsiders away.

But the Nero mercenaries had never accepted such a request since there was never a need to. They only accepted jobs that fit within their interests.

"Hmmm...... So this is Ogre territory" Raeden narrowed his eyes on the map.

Of all the members Raeden and Jade were the only ones to have encountered ogres head-on. Hence, safety was the highest priority in his mind.

"We have to avoid travel when the sun goes down and camp"

"Let's take more shifts to keep watch" Jade added.

"We probably have to do that anyway" Gallahan commented.

It was important to keep tight on security since the items being transported were lethal relics which have not been properly tested. So it was better to increase the number of people guarding the camp at night for reasons more than one.

"Once we cross the border there will be identity verification and security checks. It will take about half a day to go through with regulations" said Readen, taking a glance at his pocket watch.

"We should stay the night in the city and restock"

"I have an acquaintance who runs an inn along the border. So leave the lodgings to me"

Gallahan assured him. The Tullus mercenaries frequented Orion often, which was also the reason why Elijah roped them into the deal.

"I guess that wraps up everything"

Jade folded the map and tucked it in his satchel.

"Looking forward to working with you Chief Gallahan"

"Same here"

"I am excited to join this rowdy group"

After finishing the talk, Gallahan headed back to his people, while Raeden and Jade walked to the front of the group to announce the start of the journey.

Noah and Oliver were mounting their horses when Ann arrived riding on top of Beauty.

"So where exactly have you been after ditching us?"

Noah smirked sarcastically, while Oliver made a disappointed face.

"I went to fetch my Beauty"

Angelica answered, patting Beauty's head which made him snort.

"Really? Then why did you run in the opposite direction when I was going to the stables too?"