Chapter 95

Under Raeden's sharp gaze, the three blue-haired foxes gulped. They sneakily took glances at each other while keeping their mouths shut.

"Don't you three love to talk? So why are you being quiet?" Raeden raised his eyebrows.

'What are we school kids?' Ann thought to herself.

For a forty-two-year-old (mentally aged) woman to stand with her hands behind her back like a troublemaker in front of the school principal. It was not something Kim Eunseo had intended for.

This was in fact the second time Noah, Oliver, and Ann had been caught red-handed by Raeden.

The first time was when Ann had newly joined the Nero mercenaries. One of the douchebag sons of the local Lord started an argument with Ann when he tried to hit on Bea. The argument escalated quickly into an all out brawl between his Knights and the trio.

The incident ended peacefully after the village chief stepped forward and apologized to the Lord.

Three days later, the Lord's son was found hanging upside down at the forest's entrance, robbed of his money and every single bit of clothing. He had been attacked on his way back home from the casino by a group of masked individuals.

The perpetrators of the attack were never caught, even after a thorough investigation by the guards. That was because, on their way home after the successful robbery, the responsible individuals were caught by Raeden, who had been waiting for them to come out of the forest. They were dragged back to the village and forced to hear the village chief's lecture till the sun was up.

Since then, the trio made sure not to do anything 'illegal' under Raeden's presence. It was to do the 'wrong' in the right way.

"Who came up with the ingenious spam?"

"...."

"...."

"...."

Raeden narrowed his eyes as he continued tapping his fingers on the table.

"Why is he being extra cranky today?" Ann pouted and mumbled under her breath.

"If Robinhood robbed people, it is heroic. But if I do the same, then it is a 'scam'. This world is so unfair to honest people"

"What was that?" Raeden asked Ann with a slightly amused voice. He hid his smile and continued to toy with them.

Not knowing Readen was pulling their legs, Noah, Oliver, and Ann were playing right into his hand. The people at the surrounding tables stifled their laughter at the sight of the village's top three troublemakers being disciplined.

Seeing the three troublemakers look guilty and speechless for the first time, was quite a sight to behold.

"We don't have all day. We have business to attend to" Raeden covered his mouth to hide his playful smile. 

"I'll give you till the count of three"

Unlike the three had anticipated, he was having fun seeing them squirm caught red-handed for the first time in ages.

"Three..."

Ann frowned when she caught Noah and Oliver nodding at each other. They were having suspicious eye contact at a crucial time.

"Two....."

The spectators watched with bated breaths as the countdown neared its end. Even the guests who had just arrived silently observed the trio from a short distance not wanting to ruin the fun. Among them were two individuals with long robes listening in on their conversations.