CHAPTER 24

It was a white wolf pup native to the Finnel mountain. 

The wolf pup whimpered in Angelica's arms sounding close to crying. It looked too young to be separated from its mother.

'Which means......the mother didn't survive' Maria thought as she took back her hand.

'There was traces of a shuffle when they ran into a wild wyvern. It must have been the mother wolf trying to protect its cub'

"Can I keep him?" Angelica asked cradling the pup in her arms

"First clean yourself. We'll discuss this later" Maria let out a sigh.

Angelica changed out of her muddy clothes and started giving the pup a bath. She carefully wrapped it in a soft blanket to dry off.

*whimper*

"It's alright now" Angelica soothed the little pup in rhythmic pattings on the back. 

After cleaning up it turned out to be a white wolf. And it was a he.

"There you go" Angelica put down the pup near the fireplace and placed a bowl of milk. 

The pup sniffed the milk cautiously at first. Then started chugging it down.

"He must've been hungry" Angelica sat next to the pup, watching as it drank the milk. 

After having his fill, the pup shook off the blanket wrapping and nudged Angelica's hand with his nose. 

Angelica took the little guy in her arms and turned towards Maria. She didn't know how Maria would react to bringing him home.

Maria was quietly sitting in the armchair near the fireplace overlooking Angelica. She didn't utter a word which made Angelica nervous.

Back in Korea when a young Kim Eunseo asked her mother to adopt a dog. She had received the thunderbolt of a lifetime.

"I'm already raising an animal. I don't need another one" was her mother's response. Since then Eunseo had never again voiced her opinion regarding pets.

"Grandmother?" Angelica hesitated "Can I raise him?"

"He is not like the plants you forget to water in your room. He needs a mother to take care of him. Are you ready for that kind of responsibility Angelica?"

'She knows about all the plants I've killed. It's not like I did it on purpose!'

"I can be his mother" Angelica said looking at the pup leaning on her chest. 

The little pup started licking her cheeks as he tried to climb over her.

"Stop it.... *chuckle* stop"

"You can...." The light lit on Angelica's face ".....if your father and mother agree to it" and the light went off.

'It's not going to be easy'

Only after a hundred failed persuasion attempts and a two-day hunger strike was Angelica finally able to install the carnivorous plants in the garden greenhouse. That too was under the rule that the plants stay as far away from the main residence as possible.

In any case, Rosaline was not fond of wild animals. It was obvious Lorenz will be against it too.

'Hmm...dad can be stubborn when he wants to. But I won't give up'

This meant war.

'Should I disguise him as a penguin? I don't think penguins are violent'

"Hmmm" Maria smiled as chimes started turning inside Angelica's head

'That's too stupid of a plan'

*woof*

The little pup jumped off her and ran in circles trying to catch his own tail.

"Don't worry baby. For you...." he ran back to her and leaped at her chest

*whimper*

"I'll go to war" Angelica said with a sinister smile plastered to her face.