Chapter 96

'Pardon? Did he just say home?'

Ann frowned, confused by Kalan's choice of words. Since people from Agrichia always had a hidden agenda behind their words. It was safe to say that Kalan was indirectly pointing to something else.

Take Elijah for an example. Without his expensive mouth, he would not have lived long enough to survive through the Sehra succession.

But before dwelling into the unknown meanings in Kalan's speech,

"No offense but.... You might wanna take that hand back Mr. Kalan."Ann said coldly, the professional smile on her face was replaced with a frosty one.

"That is. If you wanna keep it"

"....."

Kalan did not respond to Ann's threat but fixed his gaze on her red lips as his hand reluctantly slid down.

Kalan's calloused fingers grazed through Ann's cheek like a feather falling from the sky. Like a precious existence, that could shatter with the slightest touch.

"Hmm...."

As if mesmerized, Kalan stared into the wavering emerald eyes. Withholding the grin that crept up to his lips, he slowly expanded an enclosed fist in front of her face.

"What?" Ann took a glance at his extended fist and raised her brows in question.

Kalan opened his enclosed fist and revealed what was inside to a surprised Ann.

"Oh!"

Ann exclaimed and averted her eyes. She regretted reacting hostile to someone she had just met. And now she was unable to look Kalan in the face since there was an uncomfortable feeling hanging between them.

"Haha... It was just an eyelash."

Cutting between the two, Elijah tried to ease the tense atmosphere.

"You shouldn't jump to quick conclusions Ann"

"Where was it that you needed to be escorted?" Ann laughed awkwardly and changed the subject.

"Orion!"

Elijah answered with a blinding smile.

"What do you think Raeden?" Elijah said to Raeden, who had been standing behind Ann for some time.

"Although I suppose the guild master already informed you of this. I wanted to come in person and introduce the most professional mercenaries in the continent to Sir Fr....."

"To the Sir standing in front of you"

Elijah reintroduced Kalan to Raeden using his silver tongue.

'So it was you' Ann gritted her teeth, glaring at Elijah.

"Sir Kalan, this is Raeden Drusus. He is the leader of the Nero mercenaries. A very strong and capable gentleman"

Elijah pointed towards Raeden and shifted to Kalan.

"Raeden, this is Sir Kalan. He is a businessman affiliated with the Sehra merchants. They are in need of immediate transport of goods across the border and require the help of a reliable escort"

'Orion?' Ann's eyes widened at the mention of her home country. More than two years have passed since she crossed the borders. Suddenly she felt the urge to see her family, whom she missed dearly.

Distracted by her own train of thoughts Ann did not hear Elijah's words and as she contemplated on what to do.

"Five thousand gold coins" Elijah gestured with five fingers. His slender fingers were adorned with colorful jewels that seemed heavy.