Chapter 160

"You're having a mana outbreak"

The last thing I remember was the fading sound of Loki's voice. Everything after that was just bits and pieces.

How could I have a mana outbreak when I don't have enough mana? Mana outbreaks only occur when a person's pent-up mana runs amok. The more mana was pent-up the higher the damage it would cause.

No matter how much I wanted it, the pain did not stop. I was barely able to hold onto myself from losing my mind.

It felt as if my entire body was set on fire over and over again while being ripped apart. I could feel the burning in my eyes that even tears of pain refused to come out.

I could neither move nor scream. And I had no idea how to end it.

'Why? Why can't I just live?' I could not help but ask to whatever entity that pulled me from one world to another.

At first, I was killed by a random car in the middle of a deserted street. The second chance I was given was already written to be taken away before I had a shot at life, which I persevered through. Now, the new beginning that I had built for myself was also going to disappear.

Was my life always meant to have a tragic ending no matter how much I tried?

Right when I was about to give in to the pain, the fire started to cool down. As if my plea was heard, the burning in my eyes receded and little by little I felt a weight being lifted off my body.

'What is happening to me?'

But my relief was only short-lived when I felt a sharp pain in my chest as if my heart was pierced with a sword.

'Ughh!!' I screamed, but the voice was struck in my throat.

Then I heard a voice. Someone was calling my name...

I felt a slight tickle on my cheek much like the sensation of a droplet of water against the skin. I musted my strength and force opened my eyes to find myself in a stranger's arms.

"...ia" He cradled me toward his chest. From the feel of it, I could say that he was wearing armor.

'Maybe it was not me he was calling'

The ceiling above his head was dark as if we were in some sort of a cave. The colorful lights, the bustling crowd of people, and the skies covered with stars that made up the vibrant city of Pathellam were no longer in sight.

'Is he crying?'

Although I could not see his face through my blurred vision, I could tell from the trembling of his arms that he was in agony. 

"#$@ #%&##$$ #$%*#!"

Just then my ears started to ring and made it difficult to make complete sense of what he was saying.

"...ia" He called out again, tightening his hold on me as yet another drop of tear dripped down his face.

I blinked my eyes once. I could almost see his face through the fluffy golden hair.

'What are you saying?'

I blinked my eyes again to gain a better focus of my surroundings. However, when I opened my eyes I was no longer in the cave. I could see the starry sky above his head with the moons peeking through the clouds.

And this time I could see the face of the person holding me.

"E-Ed... Ed... Edward?" I unconsciously voiced his name in a moment of shock.

Why would Edward be here? Were we not fighting the snaky boys? Confused, I tried to break free from his grip but was unable to control my body.

A wave of drowsiness swept over me. After the disastrous night I had, my body and mind had reached their limits.