47. hufflepuff's outcast

TRAINING WHEELS—
hufflepuff's outcast

047

Educational Decree Number Twenty-Three was enforced shortly after Professor McGonagall and, quickly after, Professor Buckley, tried to challenge Umbridge.

The Minister had demanded an educational reform, no doubt requested by the pink witch herself, and things at Hogwarts were said to change just as she had promised-- Dolores Umbridge was now the High Inquisitor, and parents were more than happy with the change considering most of the wizarding public had lost their confidence in Professor Dumbledore.

"What does that mean?" Amora asked her mother late Monday evening, after a boring lesson with Umbridge where the woman had made them put their wands well away and read from the textbook.

"It means Professor Umbridge may have more power than Professor Dumbledore at this point," her mother replied regretfully as she began to mark essays. "Or she's certainly getting there-- the wretched woman."

When McGonagall had told Buckley what had been going on, Amora's mother was more than furious. She'd had a few words to say to Umbridge herself, and even to Amora for not telling her. She'd been taken to the Hospital Wing where Madam Pomfrey had applied more Murtlap Essence like Draco had, however, she suspected that it was going to leave a permanent scar on her skin.

"Is it true? Is she doing inspections this week?"

"Yes," Professor Buckley nodded, "So I suggest you be on your best behaviour for all of your teachers-- Merlin knows what that woman will do. Attempt to sack half of the staff table, I bet!"

Amora left her mother's classroom with a soft frown on her face, worried that her job could be in jeopardy. Hopefully, Umbridge's inspection on her mother would run smoothly, and everything would go down fine. She was half way down the hallway when she heard familiar laughter, causing a small smile to tug at her lips.

"Blaise! Theo!"

The two boys turned at the sounds of their names, alongside Draco who frowned upon realising that he had not been called by his own girlfriend. She grinned as she jogged up to them, her robes flapping slightly before she grabbed the two tall Slytherins into a hug, her arms going over their shoulders. Blaise and Theo exchanged a glance with Draco before hugging her back slightly.

"Does she always do this?" Theo asked Draco, earning a small glare.

"I never got to thank the two of you for getting me out of that detention on Friday," Amora grinned as she pulled away, ignoring Theo's previous comment.

"Ah," Blaise waved a hand of dismissal. "That was nothing. All Draco's idea, actually."

"Still. I've already thanked Draco anyway," Amora beamed.

"Bet you have," Theo snorted, earning a vicious elbow to his side from the blond boy himself. "Hey, hey. Just joking, just joking. But it's not a problem, Amora. Anything to hex Blaise."

The brunette chuckled, shaking her head. Lessons had just finished about half an hour ago, so some people were hanging around in the hallways whilst others had retreated back to their common rooms or were heading to the library. It was one of Amora's favourite times of the day-- people usually didn't worry about tomorrow's homework until after dinner now, so it was sort of relaxing.

She opened her mouth to respond when Harry turned the corner, his eyes immediately locking with hers. Amora was stunned for a moment, backing away from the three Slytherins a little, her cheeks blazing. His brows furrowed and he began to storm over.