25. pansy parkinson

TRAINING WHEELS—
PANSY PARKINSON.

025

Amora clenched her eyes shut from where she was lying on the couch in the Hufflepuff Common Room, a pillow clutched to her stomach and small winces crossing her delicate features every now and then. It was unusually quiet inside the yellow house's hangout, but all Amora wanted to listen to anyway was the crackling of the fire nearby. It made her feel warm, heating up her body.

"Ill again?" Cedric's voice questioned from above.

Amora peeked her eyes open, a soft frown on her face. "No. Period cramps," she muttered, watching her older cousin immediately grow flustered.

He moved to sit beside her and pulled out his wand from his cloak, waving it over the pillow that Amora was holding. The golden material suddenly grew warm beneath her fingertips and she smiled gratefully, pressing it closer to her abdomen which continued to ache with sharp, piercing stabs. It felt like she could be sick any moment, her body weak.

"Better?" Cedric questioned softly.

"Mhm," Amora murmured, sitting up slightly and shifting to lean her head against his shoulder instead. "Thanks, Cedric."

"Of course."

There's a few moments of silence between them before Cedric lifts his arm and wraps it around Amora, pulling her even closer. He could tell that something had been off with her all weekend, ever since Thursday night when she came storming through the Common Room and refused to look at him as she marched straight to her bedroom. However, Cedric didn't want to push it out of her-- he knew how snappy she could get when people tried to make her confess to things she wasn't ready to talk about.

Despite their playful relationship, like any pair of cousins, they had had their ups and downs. Normally, it was Amora being angry with Cedric for whatever reason, he rarely ever grew angry with her. She never did anything to annoy him really, it was always him that would start things that he may have accidentally taken too far sometimes.

"Are you all right, other than the... menstrual stuff?" Cedric asked awkwardly.

Amora released a small breath through her nose, the corners of her lips twitching up slightly. "I'm..." She thought for a moment, wondering if getting it off of her chest would help. "I'm fine, Cedric."

Even if she and Draco had now officially finished whatever it was they had had, it wouldn't stop how angry her cousin and friends would be if they ever found out it had happened in the first place. Especially considering she was still so hung up on him. Even when he had said all that awful stuff to her that Thursday night.

By Monday morning, tomorrow, Amora planned on being as good as new. She'd wake early, take a shower and do her hair nicely, rid every crease from her school robe, and head down to the Great Hall to show Draco exactly how much she didn't miss him. Even if it was the fattest facade ever.

"Are you sure?" Cedric attempted to pry out of her. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right? I know that I've even rather mixed up with the Triwizard Tournament and whatnot... but I'm always here if you need me."

Amora felt her heart swell slightly as she grabbed her cousin's hand in front of them and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Sooo... Are you going to tell me what's swirling around that big brain of yours?" Cedric prodded her arm teasingly. "Or will I have to wait until I hear it from Leon first?"

Amora gave a sort of half-smile. "Invested in the fourth year drama, hmm, Cedric?"

"Fourth year is the year to be. It's the last year before O.W.L.s, then sixth year is just revising for N.E.W.T.s..." Cedric droned on. "Trust me, take advantage of how stress-free your life is right now."