64. expecto patronum

TRAINING WHEELS

EXPECTO PATRONUM

064

Spending so much time with Draco felt strange, although it wasn't often in the past four days or so that Amora had actually spent time with him alone. Therefore, the Hogsmeade trip on Valentine's Day was something she was definitely looking forward to. She'd never done it before, but Amora even picked out an outfit the night before and cast all her Anti-Creasing Charms.

Another charm on her hair made the waves and kinks less frizzy yet more defined, just like Amora liked it. Her go-to outfits when she wasn't in her uniform were always slip dresses over shirts since, depending on how you styled it, they could be dressed up or down. Amora chose a black satin slip dress over a black turtleneck shirt, alongside some matching chunky shoes that raised her height an inch or two.

Normally she wore slightly brighter shades or had a dash of colour somewhere on her outfit, but today she'd chosen against it. Oddly, she felt sort of powerful in all-black.

"Oh, Merlin's beard!" Pansy gave her a wolf-whistle as the brunette entered the Great Hall that Saturday morning for breakfast. "And I didn't even have to help you... Bloody hell, Amora. You look -"

"Bloody hot," Blaise grinned as he came up behind her, his dark eyes glancing her up and down.

Amora giggled and shoved his shoulder, causing him to stumble into his seat. Some people were also slightly dressed up for the occasion, others looking like they'd rather be anywhere else. Owls were bringing in single roses between their beaks, love letters flying around the room, and awkward hugs and pecks being exchanged between students.

"You look nice, Amora," Theo said politely, a few of his own roses by his cereal bowl - no doubt from his girlfriend that Amora had yet to properly meet.

"Would you lot stop hitting on my girlfriend?" Draco appeared behind her, making Amora jump as his arm snaked around her waist and he pulled her into their usual seats, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. "Yes, I'm looking at you two."

His silver eyes narrowed on Blaise and Pansy who both pulled faces, Blaise holding his hands up in defence. Pansy didn't seem to care.

"She's all yours, Draco, I'm just... admiring," Blaise said, "No harm in paying a compliment to a friend."

Although everybody knew he was just teasing, if he'd said that a couple of years earlier then Amora was sure she would have melted in her seat. Draco's hand tightening around her waist brought butterflies to her stomach instead.

"Me too," Pansy added, "Unless Amora suddenly wakes up and decides she likes girls, I think she's safe from me."

"Merlin, Pans, you make yourself sound like some sort of predator," Theo scoffed as he shovelled some cereal into his mouth.

"I'd date you, Pans," Amora shrugged, her eyes widening a little when Theo began to choke on his cereal and everybody around her began to laugh, including Pansy. "What?"

"You're with me, darling," Draco muttered, his fingers brushing her waist. "Don't forget it."

"How can she forget when you've got her pinned to your side like that?" Blaise retorted, earning a glare from the silver-eyed boy.

"Well, I'm just saying," Amora said, ignoring Blaise and Draco. "Not that I would ever break up with Draco, but you're really pretty, Pans. If you weren't my best friend, I could see myself having a crush on you."