58. overnight with malfoy II

TRAINING WHEELS

overnight with malfoy II

058

The end of January was approaching. Amora didn't think February was much better if she was being honest, but at least it was a step closer to warmer weather. She wondered what this summer would look like and imagined herself with Pansy whenever they weren't sitting O.W.L exams, probably on the field, Pansy preserving her icy skin beneath a tree whilst Amora sprawled her body out on the grass, trying to feel warm and golden.

In an ideal world, Amora's other friends would be there too. She shook her head at the idea of Harry and the others getting along with Pansy. It was a comedic vision — Hermione and Pansy would definitely despise each other.

"What you thinking of?" Pansy asked, shutting her book from where they sat at the back of the library.

Their table was surrounded by stacks of books among other things. They had a Herbology mock exam in two days, so the pair were trying to cram as much in as they could.

Professor Sprout had warned that those who failed the mock would have to attend hour-long revision sessions every Saturday morning to catch up before their O.W.L.s. Her threat certainly had people revising.

"Not much," Amora hummed, "Have you almost finished with your revision yet? The library will be closing soon and I'm knackered."

"Almost," Pansy huffed, picking up her quill and writing something on her parchment. "You should be revising too, you know."

"I know, but I'm too tired right now," Amora admitted, resting her cheek on her palm and yawning. "I shouldn't have had those cuppas with my dinner. They make me sleepy every time."

That was partly why she had drank so much though. The stress of O.W.L.s was ever so slightly creeping up on her and keeping her awake longer than she should be. Careers meetings would be coming up soon and Amora wasn't sure what career path she even wanted to take. She was only fifteen — how was she supposed to pick?

"Well you banging on about how tired you are is making me tired, so pack it in, will you?" Pansy scolded half-heartedly. "Or take a nap. I'll wake you up when I'm done."

"Doesn't..." Amora's eyes fluttered shut, feeling like her body was shutting down already. "Sound like a bad idea..."

Her dreams were plagued with Cedric. Not an odd occurrence since she stopped taking Dreamless Sleep at the start of the year, but they were much less horrific than you would think considering she had cradled his dead body in front of the entire school for two minutes last year.

They were in the sea. Waves were coming towards them. They were both younger; Cedric about twelve or thirteen whilst Amora was ten. Their laughs echoed above the screeching seagulls swarming around them, Cedric's hand reaching out to grab hers. Amora laughed as she felt the wave sway through them, their jump causing them to bob high up. For a moment it almost felt like they were flying. The waves were only getting bigger and bigger; taking them higher and higher.

Amora never wanted to leave. Or rather, she didn't want Cedric to leave her again.

But banging woke her up.

The first thing Amora noticed was that she was cold and it was dark, a huge contrast to the dream she'd just had. In fact, her body was trembling in her seat as she raised her head from her arms, blinking herself into a much bleeker reality. Immediately she began to hug her arms, her last memories of consciousness coming back to her.