94. buckley blood

TRAINING WHEELS
BUCKLEY BLOOD

23rd of July 1997

They're back in that bed. The one that he left her in so that he could go and complete the tasks that she didn't know he had. The curtains are drawn and their legs are tangled, her head resting on his chest. Draco was warm and his heartbeat was steady, their hands extended in front of them as she played with his fingers. Amora twisted the rings around his digits, slipping one off.

Wordlessly, the brunette slid the ring onto one of her own fingers, though it was far too large. Draco scoffed quietly, his hand shifting to play with it now, thumb smoothing over the Malfoy crest. His head shifted towards her neck and he planted a few kisses to her skin.

"That tickles," she whispered.

"Sorry," Draco murmured back carelessly.

He hovered over her and Amora reached for his arm so she could pull it out from where it was tucked beside her. She smoothed down to his hands and placed the ring back onto his finger, twisting it carefully into place. Draco's face gave nothing away as he watched her, but his heart felt so full.

Then, his cold palms pressed against her face, slender fingers reaching into her dark hair and thumbs curving behind her ears to hold her. His silver eyes were filled with so much adoration and sincerity, his minty breath splaying across her own parted mouth. His hips pinned her down to the bed beneath them both, but there was not an ounce of sexual desire behind the way his nose dipped to brush against hers. This was pure love.

His white blond hair was a little longer than usual and had begun to make very soft waves, much to the girl's own happiness. She wished she could reach up and run her hands through it, to feel its silky thickness, but the boy had other plans. His lips finally met hers, placing firm kisses upon them, his thumbs stroking her delicate skin.

"Draco, I missed you so much," Amora whispered as they pulled away, their foreheads resting on one another's.

"I know, Amora," Draco murmured back, "I'm sorry. I won't do anything like that ever again. Nothing will ever come between us again."

"I believe you," Amora whispered, leaning up and kissing him again.

Their teeth accidentally clinked together, causing Draco's nose to scrunch up as a smile crossed his features, his head pulling back. Amora giggled, one of her hands holding his wrist, her thumb rubbing soothing patterns on his pale skin. Draco watched her, and then she seemed to realise that he was shirtless, scars across his broad chest, the necklace with her ring on dangling between them.

She reached up and her hand curled around it.

Amora jumped, lurching awake. Her hand immediately darted to the necklace that was on her own neck, but she refrained from grabbing it. Had she just dreamt that it had warmed her up? She knew she really should take the necklace off, but part of her kept it on because she worried that one day Draco might really need her...

Not that I should help him, she thought. What even was that dream?

It had felt so incredibly realistic, but the butterflies faded with the aftermath of what Draco had done. Amora felt sick. She rubbed her eyes and lay in her bedroom in Shell Cottage, staring up at the ceiling. It was still quite dark, so she assumed it was very early in the morning.

Amora didn't know what to do with herself. She wasn't going to to go back to Hogwarts in September, that was for sure. Her father hadn't said much. If Amora thought he was distant before, now he was really gone. It was like living with a complete stranger. A stranger who locked himself away and drank and drank. Sometimes Lupin and Tonks would visit though. Probably because they felt sorry for Amora.