8. overnight with malfoy

TRAINING WHEELS—
OVERNIGHT WITH MALFOY.

008

Amora eventually came to terms that she was going to be stuck with just Draco Malfoy for hours at what she assumed was about ten at night. She knew that there were far worse places in the castle to be trapped in overnight. Although, if could have picked who was staying with her, she might have picked somebody else. Scratch that-- she definitely would have picked someone else. All Draco kept doing was muttering complaints under his breath, as if this was the first inconvenience he'd ever experienced in his perfect life.

"You could read," Amora suggested, peering up from her book to cut him off mid-complaint.

She hadn't spoken to him for about an hour since he called her a blood traitor, but knowing he wasn't going to apologise, she'd have to get over it as soon as possible. The candlelight by Draco's face made his icy skin glow and his grey eyes seem darker. His lips didn't curl in disgust and his nose didn't scrunch up this time.

"I don't want to read, I want to leave," Draco said stubbornly.

"Well, we can't," Amora shrugged, pausing for a moment before she shuddered and pulled her robes closer to her body. "Gosh, it's chilly in here."

Draco glanced over at her but didn't say anything. He was fine with the jumper he had on over his shirt and tie, as well as the black robes.

"You should have worn your jumper," Draco insisted casually, staring at the door in front of him with his cheek resting on his hand.

"I was too hot earlier," the brunette replied, despite the fact that she knew Draco didn't really care.

Silence plunged into their small talk just like that and Amora's eyes tried to return back to her book. She had to admit that this sequel was no match for the first one. She was already so disappointed in it, but Hermione had warned her of that before she even read book number one.

She climbed from her seat and began to head towards the fictional area again. The scraping back of the wooden chair alerted her classmate who glanced up from his lap, watching her curiously. Draco said nothing as he followed behind her, watching her head tilt up to read all of the covers, her dainty fingers reaching out to run past the spines of every book she passed.

Amora put the book she had been reading back where she found it and then ducked down onto her knees, examining the novels on the bottom few shelves. Draco stood at the end of the aisle, folding his arms across his chest.

"Do you plan on staring at me all night?" Amora asked, a teasing edge to her tone.

"I have nothing better to do," Draco spoke.

Amora eventually found nothing and settled for sitting on the carpet of the floor down that aisle. It was a little warmer than where they had been sitting out in the open right by the entrance. She stretched her legs out in front of her and pulled her skirt further down to cover her bare legs a little better. Her fingers worked to pull up her knee socks too. She regretted not wearing tights.

Draco found himself sitting down on the other side of the aisle, right in front of her. He crossed his long legs which seemed to be growing and growing every summer that passed. He noticed that Amora hadn't grown at all, height wise, that was. Draco did notice the way Amora seemed to get more beautiful every year, especially this year with her new hairstyle.

He took pity on the way that she was shivering slightly. Draco did blame her for forgetting her own jumper, but at the same time it wasn't her fault that the girls were forced into skirts and socks and not trousers like the boys. Without saying anything, he shrugged off his robes and then his jumper, tossing it at her legs.