2. the goblet of fire

TRAINING WHEELS—
THE GOBLET OF FIRE.

002

"I'm hungry."

Leon huffed as he looked at Amora, narrowing his blue eyes. It was the fifth time she had mentioned it in about an hour, yet she made no attempt to get up and go and find the woman with the trolley. She sat on the seat across from him, her legs curled up and her head resting against the window. Her breath would create condensation on the glass, and every now and then she would reach up to draw a half-hearted heart with her finger.

"Why don't you go get something to eat, then?" Leon suggested.

"I don't want to waste my money," she admitted. "I'd rather wait until we get to Hogwarts and eat everything on the Hufflepuff table... Then if I'm still hungry I'll move onto Ravenclaw's table."

Leon chuckled a little, shaking his head. A small silence filled their lonely compartment of two and Amora's thoughts drifted back to the Quidditch World Cup less than two weeks ago. Nobody knew what had quite happened, or how exactly the Death Eaters had managed to take over so quickly, but Amora was just thankful that her friends had all made it out safely. She didn't like to dwell on it too much.

Amora started to play with the ends of her hair when she saw a group of boys walk by, the leader pausing when he noticed who was in the compartment. She sighed, rolling her eyes as she sat up. Draco Malfoy wore a shit-eating grin as he pulled open the door and leaned his head inside. He was taller than last year and his face seemed to have matured a tiny bit more.

"Well, if it isn't Buckley and her boyfriend," Draco sneered. "What are you doing in a compartment all by yourselves? Nothing too crude, I would hope."

"What do you want, Draco?" Amora sighed again.

"I just think it's a little inconsiderate for two people to take up so much room." Draco gestured with his hand to the entire compartment. "You wouldn't mind if we joined you, would you?"

Draco most likely had seats further away, but Amora knew Draco liked to annoy her. He would do anything he possibly could to get under her skin, almost as if he liked to see how long it would take until she snapped and bit his head off. One time she actually did, back in their first year when he'd been terrorising Ron and Harry. She tackled him to the floor there and then, a pathetic fight took place where Draco refused to hit her because she was a girl whilst she just shook his shoulders as hard as she could, screaming some sense into him.

"Piss off, Draco," Leon hissed.

Pansy Parkinson laughed from where she stood next to Blaise Zabini, Goyle, and Crabbe. "Oo," she teased. "We've got ourselves a feisty Hufflepuff."

Leon rolled his eyes when Draco laughed. "Oh, leave it, Pansy," the ice-haired boy smirked. "Leon just wants to spend time alone with his girlfriend. We should respect that."

"So go away then," Amora huffed. "I'm sure you have better things to be doing, Draco, and if you don't then you live a rather sad life."

The grey-eyed boy's brows knitted into a frown, but before he could say anything, Amora heard a voice come from behind them.

"She said go away, Malfoy," Harry warned.

Draco lifted his hands up to mock surrender. "Calm down, Potter. A bit of a love triangle you have going on here, hm, Buckley?" He teased her with the sick smirk he constantly wore.

Sometimes Amora wished she could reach up and smack it right off of his face, but she was sure to regret it straight after. Draco didn't say anything else but shot his eyebrows up at Harry, as if to seem intimidating. He made sure to shove him with his shoulder as he went past, leaving Harry with Amora and Leon.