103. occlumency lesson one

TRAINING WHEELS

OCCLUMENCY LESSON ONE

6 November 1997

Just over a week went by and Amora had yet to see the outside of the guest room. Her only visitor was Draco, and that was the way that she preferred it. However, for all of the hours they found themselves spending with one another, they barely spoke. It was always short and neutral and they never touched unless it was an accidental skim of the hands whilst he was handing her her food or some clean clothes.

A lot of days, he would stay and read silently in the chair in her room. Amora found herself not minding this. It was as if she wanted Draco but couldn't bear him at the same time, and so keeping him at an arm's distance seemed perfect. His presence provided her comfort, but she didn't feel like she was giving into her urges. Maybe it sounded completely strange or complicated, but it worked for her.

He told her that there had been no updates on Harry. He probably wasn't coming for her, despite the uproar that the Daily Prophet article had caused. Draco had slapped it down on her bed the day after she had arrived, alongside her breakfast.

POTTER'S LOVER CAPTURED: FATE TO BE DECIDED

It included a moving image of her being forced upon her knees in front of Voldemort, a terrified expression written across her bruised face.

On the late hours of Monday 27th October, the killer of Alecto Carrow was finally captured by Death Eater-werewolf Fenrir Greyback. The hunt for Amora Buckley, 17 year old Hufflepuff at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, had resulted in a week-long lockdown at the school, but she was found past the Forbidden Forest just before midnight that Monday, alongside the now-deceased Leon Holloway (wanted for extreme propaganda against the Dark Lord).

However, on Tuesday 28th October, it was discovered that Amora Buckley was more than the daughter of the previous Muggle Studies Professor and the murderer of Alecto Carrow. Before Amycus Carrow could avenge his twin sister, it was made notice by a Death Eater attending that Amora Buckley was involved with Undesirable No. 1, Harry Potter.

The Dark Lord used his Occlumency skills and discovered that the involvement Buckley had with Potter was 'romantic' to say the least. It would appear that Potter and Buckley were, or are, lovers.

It is unknown if Buckley has a new date for her death sentence, but it seems the Dark Lord may consider releasing Buckley if Potter gives himself up first. Buckley is being kept at Malfoy Manor for the time being.

Amora had exhaled loudly when she finished reading the article, placing it down onto the bed with furrowed brows. Draco watched her apprehensively, slightly taken aback when she simply reached for her food and ate that instead of talking. She had nothing to say, it seemed. Ginny would not be happy to read it, but she was sure that the Weasley girl would immediately understand what was going on.

Today would have been like any other day, if Draco didn't have more news.

The door opened as abruptly as usual. Amora knew Draco did it because he didn't want to have to shake her awake, but she'd already been staring at the ceiling for some while this morning.

She used to be such a heavy sleeper who always had a lay in where possible, but sleeping at Malfoy Manor wasn't comforting at all. Her sleep was plagued with nightmares causing her to wake several times in the night without fail. Sometimes, even the most quiet of noises, like the rain on the window outside, would lull her from her sleep and cause her to investigate.