20. jealousy

TRAINING WHEELS—
JEALOUSY.

020

Late January trailed past and Amora was thankful. She'd gotten the worst month of the year out of the way and now she just had to get through two more freezing months. All she wanted was for spring and then summer to come, where the castle was brighter and the air was warmer.

Amora had her head down for most of the month. It was finally starting to dawn on her how close O.W.Ls really were, and how much she had to remember. She wouldn't say she was a particularly bad student, but at the same time, her mother often told her that she had the memory of a sieve.

She often studied in the library with Hermione and Leon. Or rather Hermione would study and Leon and Amora would attempt to from the opposite side of the table. Viktor Krum sometimes joined them, much to Amora's discomfort. He sat there with a book, not even reading it, whilst he stared at Hermione the entire time.

Leon had asked Kathy to be his girlfriend. It sort of made Amora jealous to see them so happy together. They were both amazing people with the same morals and interests, and everybody loved them together. In fact, they were so happy with one another, that Amora hadn't seen much of Leon or Kathy at all lately. When she was with them, it was like they were in their own little world of being in love. Even Professor Buckley had mentioned how sweet they looked together.

She imagined being in an actual relationship with Draco. Would he actually be sweet with her or would they continue with the on-off thing they currently had? No doubt would they argue a lot— they were polar opposites. And nobody would like them together either. She bet her mother would have a heart attack and Leon would freak out. Not to mention what the Golden Trio would think.

Amora wasn't silly enough to think that she could change Draco. Besides, that wasn't why she was with him. As much as it went against her original beliefs, Amora liked Draco. His sarcastic sense of humour made her laugh sometimes, and he always kept her on her toes with his witty remarks. He was unapologetically himself and so confident and elegant. Amora admired him for that.

His views on blood and Muggles would have to change though. Before, Amora would have never liked somebody with such prejudice views, but it was as if a cover was placed over her eyes and her brain spat out excuse after excuse as to why he was supposedly different. She wished he wasn't. Before she fell asleep, she pictured him happier than he was-- happier with the world around him, that was. He didn't curl his lip at imperfection and he thought for himself rather than his parents.

"What are you thinking about?" Hermione asked her from where they were sitting at the Gryffindor table, casual chatter going on around them. "You seem so lost in your own head recently. Don't you think, Leon?"

Leon glanced up at the mention of his name, stopping with the Eskimo kisses that he was giving Kathy. His eyebrows raised at Hermione and he offered her a quirked smile.

"Hmm?"

Hermione sighed. "Amora. She seems like she's been thinking a lot lately. Maybe too much."

"Oh..." Leon unwrapped his arm from around Kathy's shoulders and swivelled on the bench to face Amora. "I haven't noticed," he admitted. "Are you okay?"

Amora rolled her eyes in amusement. "I'm fine. Hermione's worried for no real reason. I was just thinking about the Charms essay due next week and how I need to get a headstart on it tonight."

Kathy huffed. "Amora, you've been studying so much in the evenings-- I barely see you anymore! And I love the other girls, but it's not the same."

Amora nearly blushed, thinking of the real reason that she didn't see much of Kathy in the evenings. It had something to do with a certain silver-eyed blond-haired boy and the Astronomy Tower-- or if that was busy, the nearest cupboard.