67. daisy chains

TRAINING WHEELS
DAISY CHAINS

067

Amora's hands were shaking as the door to Umbridge's office opened again. She dared herself to turn her head, her eyes immediately meeting Pansy's. Her icy eyes widened in astonishment, for all the Inquisitorial Squad had been told by Filch was that there was finally news on Potter's secret club. Amora kept her mouth clamped shut, afraid of the Veritaserum running through her veins for the second time in her life.

Standing around the circular room were about ten Slytherin students, including her four friends. She couldn't stand to look at them, terrified that Draco would be shooting her daggers with his eyes or that Blaise and Theo would look just as shocked as Pansy had.

Professor Umbridge planted a hand down on her shoulder, causing Amora to visibly flinch. "Miss Buckley here has been a very useful asset to us indeed, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks to her knowledge, we now know that Potter and his friends will be in the Room of Requirement tonight."

There were some excited whispers among the Inquisitorial Squad, but Amora stared at her lap, feeling so angry with herself for being tricked. She should have just declined the water. Who cared about being polite anymore? She should have seen this coming from a mile away! She was so stupid...

"And what was it that they called themselves, Miss Buckley?" Professor Umbridge cracked a smile of amusement.

Amora's lips moved without her consent. "D- Dumbledore's Army."

There were some snickers among the room, the loudest coming from Filch who looked far too excited to go and bust Harry and his friends. Amora didn't hear any of her friends' familiar chuckles. Draco stared at her form, realising quickly what had happened. There was something on her forehead, but from the way she was ducking her head, he couldn't make it out.

"And what time are these meetings, Miss Buckley?"

"About an hour before curfew." Amora clenched her eyes shut and fists too.

"Perfect," Professor Umbridge giggled.

D.M + A.B

Goyle had a hold of her, dragging her along with the Inquisitorial Squad, Umbridge, and Filch who were heading towards the Room of Requirement at top speed. She could see her friends in the corner of her eye and she just wanted to reach out to them, to tell them that she was sorry and she didn't mean to break their trust.

It was all she seemed to be doing nowadays.

"How do we get in?" Professor Umbridge turned to face Amora once they reached the wall that the room was behind. "Well?" She snapped impatiently.

"I don't know," Amora squeaked when Goyle shook her a little bit.

It was the truth - Amora truly didn't understand how the Room of Requirement worked sometimes. Most of the time it was just there when she wanted to find it. She supposed that today she just really didn't want those doors to appear. She didn't want to find the DA.

Professor Umbridge released a sound that almost sounded like a growl before she whipped out her wand and pointed it at the wall.

"Stand back!" She called shrilly, Goyle dragging Amora back with him. "Bombarda Maxima!"

There was a loud explosion, bricks flying everywhere and the sound of screams coming from the inside. Amora whimpered as the sounds died down and Goyle dragged her back to the front of the group. She hung her head in shame, hearing the gasps of her old friends in front of her. When she dared to look up a little, they looked horrified.