109. narcissa's plan

TRAINING WHEELS

NARCISSA'S PLAN

13th January 1998

Lucius stared straight at them. His pale skin was already reddening with rage, the muscles in his tightened jaw twitching. Whilst Amora shrank back from the man, Draco seemed to try and make himself seem bigger. He straightened his shoulders, raised his sharp chin higher, and moved one of his arms directly in front of Amora - putting a physical block between his father and his girlfriend.

"What is going on here?" Lucius seethed with rage, taking a step forward, his heavy shoe snapping the spine of one of the large books he had dropped. "Draco, what is the meaning of this?"

"Father," Draco swallowed. He tried to think quickly, but this had been the last thing he was expecting to happen today. "You weren't supposed to be back until tonight."

Amora mentally cringed. Usually, the Malfoy heir was an exceptionally good liar, but it seemed his weak spot was his father. Or maybe the idea of his father finding out about the two of them. After all, it was going to be very hard to explain why Draco had been cupping her cheek and looking her in the eye in a room Amora was never supposed to step foot in.

Lucius shook his head. "That is none of your business," he spat. "However, I'd like to know why you had your hand on the blood traitor's face! Or why you are standing so -" he looked sick " - so close!"

"Lucius, did you get the books that -" Narcissa's voice trailed off as she entered the drawing room and found that her husband was not alone. Her skin seemed to pale as her mouth dropped open a little. "Oh. Oh, Merlin."

Draco looked at his mother somewhat desperately. Lucius could get violent when he was angry, and he was pretty sure he was about to see his father angrier than he had ever been in his life. He remembered when Potter had outsmarted him in only the second year and took Dobby from him - Lucius had been so furious that Draco had to steer clear of him for days.

"I caught them together," Lucius spat to his wife. "Draco - he had his hand on her face!"

Then, without warning, Lucius reached to his side and yanked Narcissa's wand from its usual pocket. Narcissa gasped, moving backwards a little as the long blond-haired man pointed the wand directly at Amora. Immediately, Draco darted so his body shielded Amora's smaller one, yanking his own wand out to point it back at his father.

"Don't you dare," Draco seethed, "Put the wand down."

Narcissa swallowed anxiously. "Give me my wand back, Lucius."

Lucius shook with rage, his head turning to the side to look at his wife. "I caught our son with his hand on her, Narcissa."

Narcissa closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Lucius, you need to calm -"

Lucius began to look even more enraged. "Is this -" His head snapped between the couple and the woman. "This is an ongoing occurrence? And you knew about it!"

"Lucius," Narcissa tried to put her hands on his arms to comfort him, but he shrugged her off, his stance all the more vicious as he pointed the wand at Amora - or rather, Draco who was standing in front of her.

"Don't you dare point a wand at our son!" Narcissa shrieked. "Draco, Lucius, both of you lower your wands!"

"I won't until he does," Draco spat angrily, "And not until he swears not to harm Amora."

Lucius seemed to go shades even paler. "Am - You call her by her first name?" He took a step forward, gulping. "You care about her?"

"I do," Draco said firmly, one of his hands reaching around to grasp Amora's wrist, keeping her behind him.