96. the first last day

TRAINING WHEELS
THE FIRST LAST DAY

1st September 1997

For the first time ever, Amora found herself at King's Cross alone. Remus had come to visit her the night before and offered to take her there, but Amora politely declined, not wanting Death Eaters to spot him. Rumours were floating about that Voldemort was recruiting other magical beings for his army - werewolves being one of them. And so, with a pat on the shoulder from Bill and a small hug from Fleur, Amora Apparated outside the train station and then entered.

Muggles were everywhere, going about their business with absolutely no idea that there was a war going on in their own country. Amora pushed her trolley towards the ninth platform, narrowly avoiding a group of teenage girls who had just gotten off one of the trains. They were laughing loudly, pretty in makeup and nice Muggle clothes, and Amora found herself watching them leave, envious of them.

Her long plaits felt heavy on her head as she found the brick wall that was all too familiar to her, right between the ninth and the tenth platform. Taking a deep breath, Amora plunged herself into the wizarding world and was taken aback by the bleakness.

Witches and wizards walked almost silently towards the train, as dozens of known and lesser known Death Eaters stood around, watching them all as if they would see Harry Potter himself among them all. Amora shuddered when she saw one visibly glance her up and down, pushing her trolley over to where there was a man taking it all.

She took her hand luggage and boarded Hogwarts Express for what was most likely the last time. The train was rather quiet and she noticed how much emptier it seemed. Though Muggle-borns didn't make up a majority of the students, it was still obvious that there were people missing. Amora crossed a compartment filled with Slytherin students who were laughing like normal. Crabbe and Goyle were among them, she briefly noticed, but no sign of her frie - old friends.

"No, please!" She heard a young girl scream, causing her to nearly freeze in place.

People craned their necks to watch as a girl who must have been about thirteen or fourteen was hauled from her seat by two large Death Eaters, starting to be dragged away from her friends. She saw tears rolling down her cheeks as she tried to grasp hold of anything she possibly could to stay on the train.

"I'm a Half-blood, I swear!" The girl howled, "I'm not a Muggle-born! I'm not a Muggle-born!"

Amora shuddered when the girl was pulled fully off of the train, swallowing thickly to try and compose herself. She gripped her bag tighter and was about to head off when she saw a pair of green eyes staring at her. Pansy was at the door of her compartment, clearly having moved to check out the commotion, but had now frozen on Amora.

Amora pursed her lips and straightened her shoulders, moving straight past Pansy and the compartment that no doubt held Theo and Blaise too. She highly doubted Draco would be back for his seventh year; he probably had higher priorities as a Death Eater. Maybe he was here also dragging innocent wizards and witches off of the train for the lack of proof of blood purity levels.

"Amora," she heard Luna call. "Why don't you sit with us?"

Amora found herself standing in a huge compartment filled with mostly Gryffindors and Ravenclaws in the sixth and seventh year, much to her discomfort. She felt like everybody still hated her, especially now after it was confirmed that Draco had been a Death Eater. She saw Ernie sat by himself a few tables up, none of the other Hufflepuffs about.

She'd planned on just sticking to Kathy. Although, Luna, Neville, and Ginny had never done anything to hurt her. Ginny was a little apprehensive after finding out Amora had lied about Draco being a Death Eater, but that was understandable. Besides, she seemed fine with her after her explanation at Bill and Fleur's wedding.