71. muggle london

TRAINING WHEELS

MUGGLE LONDON.

[ smut warning. starts at * ]

A bright red double decker bus soared by, blowing Amora's hair into Draco's face. The blond boy beside her spluttered a bit and took a step back, their hands joined and gripping for dear life as they found themselves alone in Muggle London for the first time. Amora craned her neck to glance around, seeing numerous different shops for different things, and people in Muggle clothes walking about everywhere.

The Leaky Cauldron stood behind them, though to everyone besides Draco and Amora, it looked simply like an old run down shop that was never rebought. Business people walked about and so did groups of teenagers and young adults and tourists and everybody in between.

They had nothing but the clothes on their backs, their wands, and the money Draco had just exchanged at Gringotts bank from Galleons to pounds. Amora had waited outside for him, but apparently he'd earned some strange looks from the goblins that worked there.

"Where exactly are we?" Draco frowned as they looked around.

"Um, Charing Cross Road," Amora said, "I remember my mother taking me to Muggle London when I was younger through here. We're right in the centre. About two miles from King's Cross, actually."

The frown didn't cease on Draco's face. Amora knew he was weary of all of the Muggles surrounding them, but she had been taught that they were far more harmless than wizards were. She began to head down the road, pulling Draco with her. He walked by her side, his silver eyes captivated by all of the pubs and restaurants and cinemas and Underground entrances that they passed.

"I'm not sure I like it," Draco admitted, "There's so many people."

"I think the Muggles have their summer holidays at the same time as us," Amora said, "That could be why."

"Or maybe London's just crawling with weirdos..." Draco grimaced as he glanced over at the outdoor seating of a pub where balding men with beer bellies sat outside roaring at something. "What on earth is that about?"

Amora squinted her eyes. "They're watching a telly!" She gasped, "Like the thing my mother has in our living room. It looks like... a football match?"

Draco seemed quite entranced by the idea of the Muggles broadcasting their sport for people to watch. He pretended that he wasn't interested in the 'telly', his lip curling in disgust when the rowdy men began to chant football songs, smacking their fists on the table. Even people inside the pub could be heard doing the same thing.

"You'd think it was the world cup or something, wouldn't ya?" Someone suddenly said, "Not some boring Saints versus Arsenal game."

Draco and Amora both jumped, finding a man with leaflets in his hands standing by them. They hadn't realised that they had stopped to stare.

"Not that England even has a chance next year," the man continued, "Everyone says it's coming home, but they don't know what they're talking about. England haven't even won the cup since '66. I reckon Brazil are gonna win it again. You two support any football teams? I'm a Man United kinda bloke, me."

Draco looked like he could have thrown up on the man. "Who the hell are you?" He snarked.

The man looked taken aback for a moment. "Chill, mate," he showed them his leaflets. "Just being friendly and giving out leaflets that have a ten percent discount for a bottomless brunch at the new place downtown."

Amora frowned. "Bottomless brunch?"

The man looked at her like she was crazy. "Yeah. Cocktails? You two ain't eighteen?"