17. mistletoe

TRAINING WHEELS—
MISTLETOE.

017

Amora's heart was pounding out of her chest as she raced through the corridors of Hogwarts. People were dotted around the building, students and teachers, all laughing and carefree as they socialised with one another, nobody bothering with a curfew after the success of the Yule Ball.

All Amora could think about was the fact that Draco Malfoy had just kissed her. It had the potential to be so romantic; the way that they had been at the top of the Astronomy Tower on Christmas Eve after a ball, watching the snowfall delicately around them, both dressed beautifully.

However, it hadn't been romantic. It had been harsh and fast and Draco had even made up a rubbish excuse for it afterwards.

"It shut you up," he'd shrugged. It reminded her all too wickedly of what Goyle had said to her only minutes before.

She's much prettier when she's not talking, isn't she, Crabbe? Malfoy might stop saying how she's so annoying now.

She was quite distraught, her brain a mess of confusion as she tried to navigate her way to the Hufflepuff common room. Amora heard Leon call her name from where he'd been standing in a hallway with Kathy and a couple of Ravenclaws, but she kept her head down and moved swiftly to the dorms.

Once she'd made it inside, she found out that she was the first one back. All of the girls must still be hanging out around the school or in the common room (which she had walked so quickly through that nobody had ever seen her). Amora slammed the door to the bathroom and locked it, staring herself down in the mirror.

Stupid Draco. Why did he have to go and kiss her? With those stupid lips. They were slightly chapped but overall soft against hers, and she could taste the transfer of her cherry lipgloss when he'd swiped his tongue across her bottom lip. That's when she'd snapped out of it. When she realised what she was doing.

Kissing the enemy.

"Bloody hell." Amora buried her face into her hands, tearing her gaze away from the intense eye contact that she'd been giving herself in the mirror. "I am so done for."

Her fingers unconsciously traced her lips, feeling them tingle beneath the pads. If she thought about it hard enough, which she couldn't seem to stop doing, Amora could still feel the grip that he'd had on her wrists, feel the warmth of his body in contrast to the harsh iciness of the air, smell the expensive cologne he wore and feel his nose brush her cheek.

Draco liked her. Her thoughts from earlier at the Yule Ball when she'd caught him staring had been confirmed. He'd kissed her and he'd seemed almost apologetic before she left him alone, a heartbroken and defeated expression on his face that Amora had never seen before on him. He looked genuinely scared for her to leave him alone, but she'd done it anyway.

Amora convinced herself that he deserved it. When she'd scolded him for kissing her so abruptly, he'd tried to immediately shut her down by making her feel small and insignificant. Draco couldn't handle being the one that was in the wrong or embarrassed, so he acted just like he did when Amora bumped into him on the train the first time they ever met-- like a small child.

The brunette pulled her dress off and hung it up before she climbed into the shower. She washed away all of the makeup from her face and the product from her hair, brushing her teeth whilst she let her conditioner stay in for extra long. Once she'd finished, Amora felt better than before, although her mind was still distracted. She pulled her pyjamas on and pushed the door open.