97. now recruiting

TRAINING WHEELS

NOW RECRUITING

4th September

Dark Arts was a class that everybody seemed to despise, except perhaps Crabbe and Goyle and maybe a couple of other odd students. They had it twice in a row that week, Tuesday and Wednesday, but then when the fourth of September rolled around, on Amora's timetable it said Muggle Studies instead.

Amora dreaded it with every fibre of her being. Some whispers had gone about, people wondering what the change would be to the subject and why it was all of a sudden compulsory. The only reason some prejudiced Purebloods looked forward to it was because the teacher of the course was Professor Alecto Carrow.

The woman stood at her classroom door with a pale, stodgy face and black makeup around her eyes that made her look tired if anything else. She had bright orange hair that had been pulled back into a low, greasy bun and she wore a dark scowl as she ordered Purebloods into the classroom first, using the same tactic as her brother.

"Miss Buckley," Alecto called before she could take her seat beside Neville. "Please come and speak to me. Half-bloods, you enter now. To the back."

Neville and Amora exchanged apprehensive looks, but Amora moved over to the woman, back out into the corridor. She looked much pastier up close, reminding Amora of what she thought a Victorian woman might look like. She had rings with family crests on, and black robes decorated with silver lines.

"I trust I will have no problems with you, Miss Buckley," Alecto said, "Professor Amycus Carrow did tell me about your outburst in his class. Me taking over for your mother is not a personal thing."

Amora's jaw clenched ever so slightly as Alecto mentioned her mother. She absolutely despised the idea of this woman ever even thinking about Elle Buckley.

"No problems here, Professor Carrow," Amora replied, and it had taken the greatest amount of energy for her to say so - to act civilly with such a woman.

If Alecto noticed the way Amora had spoken through gritted teeth, she didn't say anything about it. Instead, she allowed a small smile to cross her face.

"Good. Thank you, Miss Buckley," Alecto said, "I do hope you enjoy my class. Maybe it will help you open your eyes to a new perspective on things. You may enter my classroom."

Amora hurried inside, ready to get away from Alecto, but paused when she realised that the seat next to Neville was full. The brunette girl could have very nearly demanded Lisa Turpin get out of her chair, but Alecto's hand then planted itself on Amora's shoulder. Amora visibly grimaced.

"Take a seat next to an empty Pureblood, Miss Buckley," Alecto said, so close that Amora could practically feel her breath on her.

Amora swallowed and scanned the front few desks. She narrowed her eyes when she realised that Daphne was sitting by herself, and so was Blaise. Amora didn't move an inch, her brain immediately beginning to try and outweigh who she would rather endure for the next year.

"Miss Buckley," Alecto warned, "Take. A. Seat."

Blaise looked back at her whilst Daphne scowled. Amora found herself heading for Daphne, deciding rather quickly that she would rather sit beside the girl obsessed with her ex-boyfriend than the boy who had contributed to one of the worst betrayals Amora had ever experienced in her life.

She would make it the worst, but after finding out about her mother and Mr Buckley...

However, as soon as Amora made it to the desk that she would share with the Slytherin girl, Daphne was quick to shove her bag into the spare seat. She sent Amora a fierce glare.