63. love triangles

TRAINING WHEELS
love triangles

063

Forcing herself to walk into her first class after breakfast had been one of the trickiest things Amora had ever had to do. Her heart had felt like it was about to quite literally give way and she considered running to her dorms to spend the day in isolation. However, despite the fact that there was no Draco or any of her other Slytherin friends there to comfort her, it had gone by okay.

Nobody spoke to her, but she knew people whispered about her. Amora was aware she probably had daggers on her back for the entire hour or so, but it was better than being confronted by an angry mob of people.

Second period was Potions with Snape, where Hannah made a point of not looking at her. When Amora accidentally spilt some powder across the desk, the blonde girl rolled her eyes and said nothing, not bothering to help like she normally would. Amora's heart pounded as she cleaned it all up, feeling like the biggest idiot in the world - especially with Snape's beady eyes on her.

But after lunch, during her afternoon lesson which happened to be Defence Against the Dark Arts, Draco switched seats back with Pansy so he was next to Amora and she was more than happy to see him there when she walked through the door. The faintest smile twitched at her lips as she hurried over, placing her bag on the floor and pulling out her textbook, quill, and parchment. No wand was required for Umbridge's lessons, of course.

"How are you doing?" Draco asked, his hand moving to rest on her thigh just like it had been this morning. "Nobody's given you shit, have they?"

"Nothing," Amora replied quietly, "It's been like radio silence, actually."

Draco turned slightly so that he was facing her rather than the front of the room where Professor Umbridge had yet to make an appearance. He'd be happy if she never turned up again.

"I suppose that's better than any of those twats trying to worm their way into your business," Draco said, and in the hand that wasn't resting on her leg, Draco used his slender fingers to twirl his quill between them absentmindedly.

"That's exactly what I was thinking earlier," Amora replied.

Harry and Ron decided that it was their turn to enter the classroom. Harry's green eyes landed straight on the desk beside his one, where Amora and Draco were inches away from one another talking quietly. He'd never seen Draco look so calm in his entire life. Even Amora looked different somehow. They looked too comfortable.

Ron grabbed Harry's shoulder from where he'd paused in the doorway. "Don't even give them the satisfaction of looking, mate," Ron warned him, his own tone filled with anger. "It's what they want."

Harry nodded, moving with Ron over to the desk next to Amora and Draco. But when neither of them even looked up at him, too immersed in their own quiet conversation, Harry began to realise that maybe Ron was wrong... Maybe this really did have nothing to do with him...

And for some reason that hurt even more.

Harry had found out not even twenty four hours ago. Twenty four hours ago, Amora was one of his best friends and a girl he'd do anything for, and Draco was an annoying bastard and his worst enemy at Hogwarts. Lines like that shouldn't be blended - yet it felt as if they had been overnight.

Yesterday he thought they hated each other as much as Harry hated Draco, and now he was watching them stare into each others eyes in their DADA lesson and finding out that Harry had never been Amora's first kiss. That he had never even stood a chance - that whilst he'd been looking at her, she'd been looking at Draco Malfoy.