38

"You all done packing?" I peeked into the trouble trio's room, "The girls are almost done preparing for our departure, dearies!"

"Hai, Aneki!" Tanjiro hopped off his bed and gently grabbed the wooden box Nezuko was in, "We are ready to go!" 

"Good," I nodded as I entered the room and looked around once more, "You sure you checked for everything? Don't leave anything behind which you would need later on—"

"Don't worry, Aneki, we have checked." Zenitsu reassured me before yawning loudly, "Although, I still don't get why we have to leave so early in the morning."

"Because the station is pretty far away from here, Itsu-kun." I answered as I followed Tanjiro and Inosuke out of the room while Zenitsu followed me, "Not to mention, the train will leave by today evening."

I heard Zenitsu off-handedly hum back as we arrived at the yard and while I sat down on the porch, the three of them approached the humongous gourds placed right in the middle of the yard.

And goddamn were those huge.
What do they even use it for, I wonder?

Once they took their respective positions, I was chosen to tell them when to start— which was an adventure in itself as Inosuke made a scene as he tried to go first while the rest of the boys tried convincing him that they should start and finish together.

'These three...' I shook my head in amusement as I loudly started counting, snapping all three back into position.

"Start!" I loudly exclaimed, watching as the boys blew into those flasks with all their might, exploding them within a minute or so after starting.

Meanwhile, the girls encouraged them in the background and jumped in celebration when they managed to explode the gourds with the sheer pressure of their breathing alone.

I patted Tanjiro and Zenitsu in a way of congratulations before turning to Inosuke, teasing how he didn't do bad either.

"Hah!" He roared as he pointed his finger at me, "You didn't even try! I did better than you ever will!"

"Sure," I shrugged and turned away before replying off-handedly, "But I did know how to perform this even before you did; so, maybe you should consider listening to us once in a while? You can learn new things from us if you do!"

I immediately skipped out towards the gate of the Estate while Inosuke roared behind me— for the past few days, I've been trying to see what riled Inosuke up and what didn't while also trying to decipher how to get him to behave or at least listen to me.

'Especially considering our next mission.' I thought wryly as I opened my satchel to see Inosuke's upper portion of the uniform neatly folded in it, 'I'll need to keep him at least a bit well behaved before we get ourselves into the train. Or else it'll be an unnecessary pain to deal with the police there.'

I nodded to myself silently as I noticed the three stooges finally arrive; Inosuke as still huffing when he reached me and was going to say something before the girls interrupted him by presenting us with a basket full of riceballs for our journey.

"Ah, thank you!" Tanjiro thanked them as Inosuke tried to get his hands on some to eat. Thankfully, Zenitsu interrupted him before he could take one, giving me enough time to gently take the box away and pack it away in my satchel.

"Thank you so much for these, sweetie!" I gently patted them as they beamed at me and wished us luck on our 'mission'.

I smiled as my eyes wandered, noticing that Tanjiro wasn't standing with us; instead, he left the group and went to— was that Tomioka?