22

_________________________________________

(~<Drum House Arc>~)
_________________________________________

'Just... how am I in this situation, again?' I stared at the box in my hand, looking very intently at the handwritten note on it.

"That balm will help in blood clotting." Tamayo said absent-mindedly as she handed me another similar box from her cabinet, "And this one enhances healing abilities in humans. It may not be as good as the pastes you make, but are very effective. Maybe if you can use them alongside your own pastes, it would increase the healing process even more?"

"Maybe..." I trailed off, staring at the variety of boxes handed over to me.

"Are they... too much to carry?" Tamayo hesitantly asked.

"No," I disagreed, "They aren't, don't worry. None of them are bigger than the palm of my hand, and I can easily carry some in my haori too, in case it doesn't fit in my satchel."

"You should buy a new one." Yushiro added haughtily, "This old thing looks it could snap any moment!"

"My sensei gave that to me seven years ago when I started collecting herbs." I wistfully confessed, smiling sadly at the old white satchel. "For me, this carries more than just my daily essentials... that's why I am hesitant to discard it." I smiled at Yushiro as I started packing the small medicinal boxes into my satchel, "Thank you so much for all the medicines, Tamayo-nee. I'll make sure to use them to the fullest."

Tamayo smiled softly at me, her eyes softer and clearer than I've ever seen before, "Please take care of them."

A shiver went down my spine at the reminder, my mind still conflicted over the whole ordeal. "I... will try to." I answered cautiously as I slowly got up from the floor.

My body hissed with pain as I stood up— reminding me of my unfortunate meeting yesterday. Fortunately, the pain seemed more bearable now, since I had gotten a bit used to it. Unfortunately, I had gain a sprain in my right wrist and a nasty wound on my left heel during last night's fight, adding to my misery.

I sighed loudly as I adjusted the satchel over my shoulder. I wore it diagonally across my shoulders, making it feel less heavy than it actually was.

"Take care, and be safe, okay?" I looked at Tamayo and Yushiro with sombre look, making sure they understand the implication of my words. "If you need any help, do not hesitate to contact me."

"We will." Tamayo replied, smiling as she noticed my sullen look, "You take care as well. And please look after Tanjiro and Nezuko, at least till Tanjiro recovers from his broken rib, alright?"

I shook my head at her statement, knowing full well what she was trying to do. "No need to fool me, Tamayo-nee. I know exactly what you are trying to do."

Tamayo simply smiled, making me shake my head again and give her brief hug. She hugged me back tightly and patted my back just like how I often did to to her before when we hugged.

"We will meet again, okay?"

"Of course we will, Tama-nee. You ain't getting rid of me that easy."

"That's exactly what I was afraid of."

"Yushiro..."

(~<>~)

"Arigato, Miyasha-san," Tanjiro thanked me again once we started our journey, "For travelling with us. I understand how difficult it must be for you—"