3

My life as Miyasha was more ironic than anything.
At least, that's how it seemed to me.

I mean, who was I kidding? I was a proud atheist in my past life and now in this one? I was named as 'Goddess' in Japanese — what kinda tasteless joke was that?

And yes, I did manage to recall bits and chunks of my past life. With that, I also realized what language people around me were speaking — Japanese.

And I was quite ashamed to admit that it took me a good month or so to even connect the dots. But I blame that on my baby brain. Or brain of my baby body. Or whatever, who cares? It didn't work and it took me ages to even recall how to do the most basic of the things.

Like sitting up.
But maybe the humans (most of whom were just ladies, for some reason?) didn't think so. I mean, I would have been surprised too, if a toddler of only three months suddenly started sitting upright that they shouldn't be able to do until much, much later. But I wasn't one of them.

I was not what they thought.
Or even what this body depicted. I was a bloody nineteen-year-old girl who loved watching anime and wanted to learn Japanese. Not an infant girl who was among Japanese speaking people with the ability to sit at three months of age.

Well, I'll be honest, even that was difficult. And that shouldn't even be called sitting. I was barely able to keep my back straight as I tried to sit up. And I was successful — for whole six seconds.

And those ladies cooed over me for that. Seriously?

Anyway, now that my brain was slowly starting to work properly again, I gave my whole attention to recalling whatever I learned or knew in my previous life — and as far as my knowledge goes, I seemed to be born this time in the past. And not even fifty years in the past or something — no.

A good hundred or two years back, if my knowledge of Japanese history was something to go by. Even if it was mostly from the animes I'd watched.

Regardless of that, I finally found the best way to think without worrying anyone; by play-thinking. Or thinking while I pretended to play.

Even though the 'toys' were not even that interesting — they were just handmade dolls and pillows and lots of ribbons. Like, way too many. Who even needs that many ribbons?

Well, that's a completely different thing that they were the 'toys' I played with the most with — or rather, tried practising various knots with. Who knows when that knowledge may help me out.

The only issue was that I didn't remember doing many knots. Hell, I still couldn't even recall most of the things from my past life. And I didn't even know if it's because of the rebirth or because of my baby brain.

To be honest, I didn't even want to recall some of the things — like, how I died. Or my family. Thinking about having a family before this life was just... heart-breaking. And I didn't even remember anything yet. I definitely would be devastated if, or rather, when I would be able to recall about them.

Because I had a feeling I would.
Why so?
Well, because life is a bitch. And it apparently loved to watch me suffer.

Anyway, currently, my main goal was to recall the things I studied or was taught in the past, like basic science and laws. However, it was the knowledge of the First aid that popped into my mind first and damn, was it so vivid. Along with that, came some random medical knowledge that made me question myself even more.

Was I training to be some kinda nurse or something? Or was I just a rough-houser?

Questions, questions, questions.

Too many of these questions.
But the most important question among all these was if I even wanted the answer to some of those.