Popularity of valentines

It was a morning like any other; the Sun was up at four am sharp and by the time she got ready, the sky was well past its stage of bluish-pink awakening.

Soft music played in the background as Miyasha danced around in the kitchen while preparing her and the twins' tiffin.

Currently, she was humming the chorus as she packed her own lunch box, covering it in a paper napkin as well as a plastic bag before inserting it in her laptop bag.
Meanwhile, for the twins' lunch, she packed them into boxes and left them in the oven to keep them warm.

The leftovers were carefully gathered into a bowl and left on the table, covered, with some cut fruits, milk, and a note stating that they were for Shigeno.

"Oh wait," Miyasha almost stumbled as she rushed back to get a sticky note that she could leave on the oven - after all, she didn't want a repeat of the last time when the twins forgot their boxes and left for school.

A tired sigh left her lips as she stuck the bright pink note on the oven; today was her turn to cook lunch for everyone since the two brunets had all their classes in the afternoon - quite unlike her, who had to stay in the school for the whole day.

Why did she want to be a counsellor again?

"To help kids, Miya," she answered herself almost sarcastically, "To help kids! And yet, I can't even help myself properly."

With a huff and a shake of her head, Miyasha looked around one last time as she recounted all she was supposed to do for the morning.

"Oh wait, my bag-"

One minute and one laptop bag later, which she made sure she had in her hand this time, Miyasha proceeded to finally leave the house.

She waited in front of the gate of her house as her eyes eagerly roamed around to spot the familiar mop of raven hair - her lips stretching into an involuntary smile as she found him soon after, walking towards the direction of her house.

"Good morning, Tomioka-senpai!" She greeted him loudly, "I hope you are doing well, this morning."

Giyuu nodded briskly to her greeting, offering some of his own quietly as they started their daily walk to the school.

His eyes looked around for any lurking figures before it set onto her heavy-looking laptop bag. However, before he could say anything, Miyasha loudly interjected.

"Don't even think about it," her playful expression greeted him as he looked down at her face, "I can carry-"

"It looks heavy."

"I told you I can carry it!" She huffed at him, making his eyes briefly look down at her lips before he quickly diverted them, "And no, it's not that heavy - do I have to repeat this every morning?"

"Not if you let me carry it."

The look that she fixed at him made his lips twitch while she dramatically sighed at his antics.

"You are so stubborn, senpai," Miyasha shook her head in amusement as she readjusted her bag on her shoulder, "I swear to Lord if I knew you were this determined with such small matters..."

"Then, what?" Giyuu asked softly, his blue eyes pinning her for the truth - was she regretting her friendship with him? He completely understands if she did.

"I would have kicked your ass straight to the school from here and walk alone," she huffed as her bluish-violet ones met his surprised blue ones, "Don't look at me like I can't do that, because I sure can and I will if you continue pestering me like this."