28

Warning:
Intense scene (blood and injury description)
_________________________________________

"Ozaki-san," I softly called out her name, gently tapping her cheeks to keep her awake, "Ozaki-san, I need you to stay awake, dear. I know it's difficult to keep your eyes open, but if you fall sleep now, you may never be able to wake up again."

Ozaki slowly blinked, trying her best to stay awake.

"Murata-san, can you hand me another splint please?"

"Yes, just a minute."

Seven survivors; there were total of seven survivors from the whole cluster of bodies. And even then these survivors weren't in much better condition either.

'If only I had better equipment and some proper help—'

Not that I wasn't grateful for Murata helping me, but most of these slayers had severely broken bones— some of them were even facing severe internal bleeding, which I wasn't able to treat properly due to lack of equipment.

As a matter of fact, the only thing I could do right now was to disinfect their open wounds and wrap them; I had also wrapped their broken limbs in splints and parts of my haori as I didn't had enough bandages with me for it.

'I should have prepared more...' I frowned, shaking my head as I avoided that line of thought.
No use thinking about what I can't do anything about anymore.

"Is there anything more I can do?" Murata kindly asked, watching me as I gently (but tightly) wrapped Ozaki's arm with the splint and cloth.

"Not for now. Fortunately we have already provided the rest of the survivors some basic treatment before their injuries became worse."

Murata nodded, before staring at the sleeping or unconscious survivors, "Are they..." he cleared his throat, "I mean, are you sure they're not..."

"...dead?" I completed his sentence for him, "No. Not yet. Most of them are either unconscious or sleeping because of the pain-killing medicine I had injected them with."

"Why aren't you allowing Ozaki to sleep then...?" Murata asked curiously, as I was done with tending to her injuries.

I slightly tapped her cheeks again, making her open her eyes.

"She has suffered some severe head trauma." I declared as I slowly started packing the medicine boxes back into my satchel, "And even though sleeping is not exactly harmful after receiving a concussion, it is better to stay awake for a few hours if you cannot properly walk or talk after receiving one. Not only can she not perform such tasks, she also received a much severe head trauma than just a mild concussion. That's why I don't want to take chances with her and let her sleep."

"O-Oh... I didn't know you were a proper... doctor."

I smiled at him gently, replying with a softer tone, "I kind of am, you can say. Have been practicing for about four years."

"What's up with your blood, though...?"

"To be honest? I don't know either!" I lightly replied, taking out my bamboo bottle and taking a sip of water from it.

"Eh? What?"

"I'll admit, I don't know much about my blood either. The only thing I can tell you about it is that my blood turns corrosive in nature when it comes in contact with demon blood."

"C-Corrosive?"

"Yes, corrosive." I slowly got up, dusting all the soil my milky-white kimono had collected, "It melts the demon skin or blood whenever it comes in contact with them. That is why I sprayed it all over you people before I started treating you— as long as you have that liquid over you, no spider demon can climb over you or touch you."