24

'Fuck, fuck, fuck, fu—' I facepalmed continuously (but quietly) as the kids had finally fell asleep beside me with the cool shade of the tree on us.

'They were supposed to be there in the mansion... with Tanjiro and Zenitsu. How the hell did I forget that?!' I sighed, shaking my head vigorously as I pinched the bridge of my nose, 'How much have I altered the plot by now...?' I thought in despair as I buried my face in both my palms.

My presence alone was altering many of the things in the plot and I absolutely had no idea or means to calculate how much damage I had already done.

'Not to mention,' I thought bitterly, 'My whole being in this world is like some kind of flashing beacon that keeps on attracting trouble...'

Suddenly Teruko turned in her sleep, making my attention snap back to her. I smiled tiredly at sleeping figure her, wondering that even if I had the option, would I had let them go in?

'Of course not.' I answered myself instantly, almost wanting to smack myself for my stupid thought process, 'No matter what I say, just letting them go in for the sake of plot is not only cruel but borderline inhumane.'

I sighed loudly as I leaned on the bark of the tree and closed my eyes. The Sun had already went up our head, and was now slowly descending its way down. In a few more hours, it will bid us farewell while leaving only a few rays to paint the evening sky.

I opened my eyes again to look down at the sleeping figures beside me— feeling slightly jealous as they slept their worries away.

'I wish I could do that too...' I thought wryly as I gently caressed their heads as they softly snored.

The sudden sound of slamming woods caught my attention, making me immediately turn towards the source of it when my eyes caught Zenitsu's figure being flung out of the second-storey window.

My heart almost stopped beating when I saw his un-moving body fall down harshly on the ground in front of the mansion.

'Z-Ze-Zenitsu?!'

I instantly scrambled to my feet and I rushed towards Zenitsu's fallen body.

"Zenitsu? Zenitsu!" I called out his name again and again as I finally reached him, instantly kneeling beside his figure as I reached to check his pulse.

'Please be alive, please be alive, please be—' I let out a trembling relieved sigh, my hands slightly shivering from the shock, 'Oh my God, he's alive. Thank God, he's alive— but how...? Why...? He was not supposed to fall out like this, was he? Was there any part like this?' I questioned myself, trying my hardest to remember but, for the love of God, I couldn't.

And I absolutely fucking hated myself for that.

'Okay, okay. Calm the fuck down, Miyasha. This is not the time for self-blaming.' I took in a deep breath, focusing all my attention on the current predicament, 'I need to check him for wounds— falling from that height must have injured him, especially on his head as it had made contact with the ground first.'

I lifted his head cautiously, rubbing the back of it slightly as I felt his blood coat my fingers. 'At least the wound is not that deep...' I thought as I slowly kept his head back on the ground, 'It isn't bleeding as rapidly as it should... but he most likely has broken the skin and got a—'