26

A/N: Before we start, let me tell you a few things; it takes six weeks (minimum) to recover from broken ribs and almost a good month or two to recover from a severely sprained wrist, so yeah, that's why there'll be a time-skip.

And thank you so much to MysticImagines for helping me with the details for the wrist injury.

_________________________________________

(~<Natagumo Mountain Arc>~)

_________________________________________

One thing that I absolutely never realized was how much and how many time-skips an anime actually had.
Honestly, it's almost ridiculous, now that I thought about it.

It had been almost close to a month since we arrived at the Wisteria crest manor, and not even once were they called in for their mountain mission.

'At least not yet, I hope.'

I really hope me being with them didn't change this detail because my presence alone, had changed so many things in the plot that it's actually ridiculous.

Agreed, that the changes were not exactly plot affecting (at least I hope they weren't—) but that didn't mean what I was doing was something right either.

But, then again, I just couldn't leave either. Zenitsu and Tanjiro were very adamant about keeping me here with them, and that showed when almost every morning, the first thing they did was to greet me in my room.

It was really sweet at first, but now it felt heart-wrenching since I realized how easily they had bonded with me.

'They both have lost so many people in their lives...' I thought, smiling wistfully as I stared down at my reflection in the milk in my cup, 'Can I... really leave now? Will I break their hearts if I did? Would they feel betrayed if they ever knew who I really was? Can I... ever be myself again?'

There were so many things that we didn't know the answer to, and so many people spent their entire lives to find these answers— and yet, here I was, not willing to divulge into such quests as I was already familiar with the heartache it caused.

A life devoid of any kind of drive— that's the kind of life I was leading.

"Miyasha-san!"

"Hm?" I turned back to look at Tanjiro, who was sprinting towards me for some reason, "What happened, Jiro-kun? Did Itsu-kun try to peek into the wooden box, again?"

For the last four weeks, my time with the three boys had been interesting to say the least.

Despite the each of them sustaining at least two broken ribs, none of them behaved in any way that made it seem so— always jumping, head-butting or screaming at the top of their lungs at almost any given hour.

Not to mention that Zenitsu had started showing his real colours— not that he was ever hiding them deliberately in the first place. He was apparently just a little... shy in front me, I guess? I didn't know, but whatever it was, it had worn off. And for the better or worse, I wasn't able to decide yet.

"No, he's not touching the box again. I wanted to ask you if you were going to the town again, today?" Tanjiro looked hopefully at me.

"I was thinking to, actually." I replied motioning him to sit down on the porch beside me, "Why, did you need something?"