59

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(~<Changing History Arc>~)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It had been a day since my dream started.

Or maybe, should I say, since I woke up?

I genuinely didn't know how to describe or even explain what I was going through right now - it was like I was reliving the days of my past life when I had returned home from the hostel after a very vigorous semester of internship and sleepless nightshifts.

If what I was able to piece together was correct, then my break was going on currently, which had apparently just started two days ago.
This meant I had arrived home just the day before yesterday and woke up yesterday as, well, me.

I spent the whole day yesterday doing chores that I used to do quite a lot in my previous life, while also helping my sister with her science homework as she rolled around crying at her chemistry equations.

The whole experience, while may sound quite mundane to many, was more than just dreamy to me. It was calming, nostalgic and just something that I wasn't able to put into words.

It made me want to cry as I roamed around the very familiar rooms of the apartment I used to live in, while I couldn't even stop smiling as I ate the dishes I could only dream of as Miyasha.

It made me realize I had lost more than I thought I had since even the memories of these things had been gradually lost as I continued living my life as Miyasha.

The memories, the ritualistic routines, the familiar voices - I felt almost mesmerized as I soaked in all of it like a thirsty man roaming in the desert for days without water. I didn't want to forget all this ever again.

The worst thing about this dream was how real it felt; the sensation of my sister's hugs to the cool breeze blowing outside our veranda.

It felt like I was back home.
Like I never died and all my life as Miyasha was nothing but a mere dream.

But I knew better.
Because it was too good to be true.

"Di," Maya's eyes sparkled as I combed her brown hair gently to detangle the knots, "Can I eat raspberry ice-cream after our lunch today?"

"Why not," I smiled as I kissed her head from above, "I'll treat you to whatever you want."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Yay!" She stood up as soon as I was done with her hair, taking the comb from my hand to braid her own hair as she turned to the mirror, "I'll promise to treat you to lunch and ice-cream too, once I get a job or start interning, too!"

I could only smile as I watched her enthusiastically lay out her romantic plans, narrating how she would be rich in no time and treat me to ice-cream whenever I wanted once she started a job.

But I knew better.
Because today was the day I died as Chaya.

And no matter what I planned to do, I couldn't change the inevitable outcome of this dream-like world without losing something else in return.

I huffed a laugh as that thought crossed my mind for the n-th time today, making me wonder what was the point of this dream in the first place.

Why was I watching this dream or even experiencing it as I was?

Did I die as Miyasha, too? Did Douma really manage to kill me?

That thought made me huff out another laugh as I looked away towards my mobile on the study desk that was charging since I had used it almost all night.