6

I hate changes.
After being jarred back from one reality to another, I started despising changes.

But then again, only change is permanent. And no matter how much I whine, I will have to go through it one time or another.

The most unfortunate thing is when the change comes suddenly and unexpectedly.

That is when people lose themselves; they either let the flow take them over or resist the flow. And if they do resist the flow, they are stuck in a point of no return.

And even after knowing this, I somehow let the river wash me away...

(~<>~)

Spring was almost in, as the snow already started melting gradually and the cherry blossoms of the tree near our brothel started blooming in full force.

Our brothel had recently been given the honor of leading the district's festival parade for the upcoming spring celebration which was a huge responsibility full of prestige.

Our brothel, even though was quite famous before, was slowly gaining public recognition as one of the highest class of Oiran in all of the country.

It was not much of a surprise to me, as I had kind of predicted it since the day my 'products' (just strings of different fabrics knotted together, nothing much, really) gained sudden attention from the merchants who were our current customers at the time.

Since then, the fabric craft went pretty popular around here and instead of making all of the products myself, I just taught the other courtesans and concentrated on other, more important things: dancing and speed.

I know, dancing may not sound like a much useful skill but the way it stretches ones body and increases flexibility, it may as well be equivalent to fighting. Just without the actual muscular strength, though I was trying to build those a little to, but to no avail as I didn't had time nor did I had any means.

At least I could run and work better on my speed so that I could at least make up for the lack of strength. My speed and reaction time was pretty good, if I had to say so myself but I was way more proud of my flexibility— that's a different thing that I was still a child and I ought to have that much flexibility.

"Miya-chan!" The Head Matron, Fujioka, was a strict cookie and very hard to impress or kept happy in general. Lucky me that I was almost always in her good books.

"Hai, Fujioka-san?" I asked softly as I padded through the hallway towards her.

I tried very hard to maintain an image of a hardworking and meek girl, just so I don't accidentally piss them off. Even if I may be a child, there was no guarantee what they might do to me if I become too troublesome.

Even though everyone here adores me, I won't pass it through them to sell me if I do not seem to adjust into their little world. After all, olden times had no such rights as the modern time implemented, or will implement? I don't know how to express things as my 'past' as it is their future and currently mine as well...

A sudden snap of fingers in front of my face broke me from my wondering.

"Did you listen to a single thing I said?" Fujioka demanded, her soft yet strong voice conveyed some very harsh words at times.

"Not really..."

"Then listen now, and listen carefully. We are to lead the spring festival this year, which is not only a very honorable task, but what might be our only chance to declare our superiority over other brothels."