58

"Miyasha, are you alright?"

My thoughts that had been running a thousand miles per second stopped at once at Oyakata-sama's question, immediately jolting me back to the ongoing conversation as I realized that everyone around me was looking at me with worried expressions.

"I apologise," I quickly bowed my head and apologised before giving a reassuring smile, which didn't seem to reassure Oyakata-sama much as his expression turned even more concerned.

It didn't make it any better that he wasn't the only one giving me that look.

"Miya-chan," Even Hitoshi's voice sounded worried as he continued, "You don't have to come with us if you are tired."

"We can collect intel on our own as we always did," Hiroshi added, "We have done so for quite a few years."

"I'm absolutely fine, Hiro-aniki, Toshi-aniki," the corner of my lips curved into a genuine smile as I adjusted my glasses, "I'm just... preoccupied with some thoughts. I genuinely apologise for my recurring mistakes. Please forgive me."

It hadn't even been a day since I returned from my previous mission that Oyakata-sama called me for another one — something, which I appreciated a lot this time since I needed a distraction right now.

Even better was the fact that it was with the twins, giving me the chance to relax and act without pretences as I knew the twins wouldn't mind seeing me act sloppily.

After all, we were used to seeing each other act that way.

"Are you sure you would like to leave immediately?" Hiroshi asked as soon as we left the Headquarters and started walking towards the Butterfly Estate, a frown etched on his face as he worried for me needlessly.

"Yep," I replied affirmatively as I pushed my glasses up my nose, "I'm fine. I'm not as tired as I look and trust me when I say I worked with even worse exhaustion than this."

Especially during my internship days in my past life. That was one hellish nightmare that I'm glad I wouldn't need to repeat in this life as well.

However, the current emotional turmoil that I was facing felt much worse than that, if I had to be honest.

It hadn't even been a day since I confessed to Giyuu — then promptly ran away too, since I'm a cowardly piece of shit who didn't know how to handle the situation when I couldn't even bring myself to imagine looking into those blue eyes of his again.

Even now when I think back to it, all I could remember was seeing his desperate blue eyes begging for me to let him in.
And that made my heart ache more than anything.

I shook my head while increasing my speed. I need to think about these things later.

Later, when I was more stable and could finally decide on what I wanted to do in the future.

Later, when I was done processing my feelings and what to do with them.

Later, when... Later.

Right now, I just needed to get out of this place before Giyuu could find me and take some much-needed time to sort myself out. I was currently a messy ball of emotions and didn't even know how to handle that at all.

"So, why are we going back to the Butterfly Estate, again?"

"To get my white satchel, Toshi-aniki," I huffed, "I ain't going without any preparations, even if the mission's nothing more than collecting intel."

"...then can we do it a bit faster?"

"God, Hito, shut up."

"I agree with Hiro-aniki, please kindly quiet down."