52

Warning:
Descriptions of Anxiety Attack and Existential crisis.
───────────────────────

Last night had been a long night.
But the day that followed after was even longer — especially with all the fussing that people around me were doing.

My foul mood and fragile psyche didn't help much either as I silently let everyone fuss over me while they tended to the few of the wounds (not more than scratches or so) on me.

It wasn't like I didn't appreciate their worries or felt irritated by them, no. It was just that their unneeded worries made me feel uncomfortable and I still had a lot left to process.

And I wasn't getting the time nor space to do that, among all these worried gazes from the Kakushis, Inosuke, Zenitsu as well as Uzui and his wives.

'Thank goodness that Tanjiro passed out or else he would have joined them too.'

A deep sigh left my lips as I closed my eyes and rubbed my warm face; my temperature was currently increasing with each passing minute due to the fever I was coming down with while my body tried its best to fight the poison running havoc in my veins.

And while that was well and good since that means I was getting better, this fever came with other symptoms as well; which included nausea and inflammation in every joint in my body along with feeling lightheaded enough to not be able to stand properly.

The bigger problem, however, was trying to convince others that I was fine and all these symptoms were because of the poison, which should be resolved soon considering my blood and its otherworldly properties.

"Miyasha-san—"

"I'm fine, Shinobu-san, I assure you." I almost sighed out loud as I literally held her hands in mine, "I'm not dying — I won't die this easily and there is nothing to be done to make my current condition better either. My body is fighting to purify my blood and these symptoms prove it. Being sick is the first step to getting better, you know that, right?"

I watched silently as the flustered Insect Hashira opened her mouth to say something before closing it to nod and look at our joint hands.
Oops.

"Ah, I'm sorry for—"

"No!" Shinobu snatched my retreating hands back into hers, surprising me quite a bit with her action, "It's, it's fine." There was something in her expression that made me hesitant to question her about her behaviour, "I apologise, Miyasha-san. I was just worried about you... so much so that I forgot that you are more well-versed in it than I am."

"It's absolutely fine, don't worry," I didn't correct her on her assumption since I didn't want to extend the topic to something longer, "Just, can you please let me handle my own case? I'll be much obliged if I'm given, uh, more space to recover and at my own pace, I hope you understand."

Shinobu answered affirmatively before asking me some basic questions regarding what medications I needed and what prescriptions would be best to suggest to those affected by the demonic poison since the damage done by the poison couldn't be resolved by simple detoxification.

While Shinobu had expertise in medicines and (by extension) poisons, my expertise was in human biology — specifically in blood, muscles and organs. Add my anti-demonic blood to that factor and you'll find the best pair of doctors to cure anyone affected by the demonic poison.

'I wish Tamayo-nee was here,' I couldn't help but think as we quickly discussed the symptoms of the slayers and my diagnosis of them, 'Her expertise in human physiology would have aided us even more.'