21

'Okay, okay, okay, okay' I took in a deep breath to bring me back to the present, because God fucking dammit, it bloody hurts.

The sharp piercing pain in my joints was almost bloody unbearable— even with all the shit amount of adrenaline rush my body was going through right now. I was honestly in no condition to fight— which even Tamayo noticed.

"Take cover, Miyasha!" Tamayo insisted, gently tugging the long-ass sleeve of my haori, "I can see how much this is draining you... You haven't recovered enough to engage in a fight yet—"

"I know!" I gritted my teeth as I noticed Tanjiro and Nezuko exiting the house, "But it would be very unfair to just let them fight alone! They are kids, Tamayo! Kids!"

I fiercely looked into her eyes, those almost pupil-less purple abyss, "At least let me guide them." I requested, suddenly feeling guilty for yelling at her. It was quite stressful, fighting alongside people I was not yet used to.

Tamayo nodded, slowly getting up with help of Yushiro as we moved towards the crumbled walls of the house.

'They would have to change location again...' I thought wistfully, 'Maybe when this fight is over, I can help them relocate'

"Tamayo-san!" I looked up to Tanjiro, who kneeling just behind the temari-demon after he had cut off all her arms, "Are these two demons closely related to Kibutsuji?"

Tamayo contemplated over this and declared that they most likely were.

'They weren't though, were they?' Even though my memory of the manga and anime was slightly fogged, it did not mean I couldn't remember the basic of the plot details—

"Then, I'm going to extract blood from them for sure!" Tanjiro declared, determination blazing in his eyes.

Suddenly the demon started cackling loudly, regenerating her six arm within the fraction of a second as her cut-off limbs disintegrated slowly. "You think you're going to extract blood from us? I don't know what you are scheming," She grinned maniacally at us, making me and Yushiro stand protectively in front of Tamayo, "But I won't allow you to do anything to displease him!"

Tanjiro took a step back at her deranged smile as she had turned backwards to face him, "If you think you can extract blood from us Twelve Demon Moons, have at it!"

"Watch your back!" Yushiro instructed, "Don't let your guard down for a second! If those two really are Twelve Demon Moons, then they're undeniably more formidable than any other demon you've killed until now!"

"Right! Understood!" Tanjiro replied back, repeating what Yushiro said as a mantra. "Right! I'll do my best!"

"Tamayo-sama!" Yushiro started, "Let's use those two as decoys and escape." Upon my intense glare and Tamayo's shocked expression, he instantly claimed it as a joke.

'Joke, my ass.' I glared at him one last time before focusing on the fight going on before us.

"I'm going to bring that head of yours to him—" the demon gloated loudly, just as Nezuko was suddenly pushed onto Tanjiro. "Now then, why don't you both die at once?"

'Can I really not take one of them on my own?' I asked myself again, already knowing the answer to that question. Fuck me and my fucking bad decisions and my fucking curiosity for going near Muzan despite my better judgement.

"Hey, demon hunter!" Yushiro called Tanjiro again, "You get rid of that arrow man first! We'll take on the temari woman with your sister!"

"Understood!"