60

The Butterfly Estate was a mess.
And no matter how many times anyone guessed the reason behind the mess, they would always be wrong.

Starting with Tanjiro coming back injured again, from the Swordsmith village this time, to Nezuko walking in the sunlight and even being able to speak again of all things. Not to mention Miyasha, who had been injured by another Upper Demon Moon, had just woken up after being comatose for almost three weeks.

The Butterfly estate was a mess with these three and there was no one who minded it.
After all, everyone was safe and they got the key to Muzan's obsession. All they needed to do now was to use that to lure him into a trap set by the Slayers.

However, while that plan was still being formulated, there was a new wave about Miyasha that almost everyone who visited her noticed but wasn't able to pinpoint why.

"Are you sure you are not feeling any pain?" Aoi asked again as she gently rubbed the milky ointment around Miyasha's eyes, "You cried a lot after waking up. It was blood everywhere — even your eyes were aching!"

"It was my tear ducts, actually," Miyasha corrected before pulling her hands up jokingly when she noticed the younger girl's fierce expression, "Alright, alright! I know you are seriously asking me and I'll be serious in answering you too, then. I'm genuinely fine, trust me. I don't have any pain around my eyes. Though, can't yet say that about my torso."

There was a strange serenity in her tone that sounded more than just unfamiliar — it almost made her sound like she was finally relieved of a burden she had been carrying over her shoulders for years.

She looked more... bright. Happy.

And while everyone had noticed it, no one could get a straight answer about why this was so.

"What is it that you keep scribbling all the time?" Hitoshi asked curiously as he leaned over Miyasha when he came to visit her again, "Are you drawing something?"

"Not quite," her answer was simple as she kept writing in her old leather-bound journal, taking gaps only to adjust her glasses that she still wasn't used to wearing, "I'll tell you about it soon. Just, give me a bit of time, yeah?"

"Sure," he continued peeking over her shoulder, "At least you finally started using the pen we gave you. Have you organised that medical box we gifted you yet?"

The sheepish smile they were given as a reply was an answer enough for both the twins.

"Never mind that," Hiroshi shook his head with a lazy smile, "Are you planning something again?" He started gently patting her head, "It's barely been a week since you woke up, give it a rest, maybe?"

"I'm fine," Miyasha waved off their worries as she continued writing in her journal in a language that both didn't seem to understand or recognize, "Writing doesn't strain on my body, trust me."

It had been five days since Miyasha woke up — a fact that everyone kept reminding her every time she tried to do anything.

And that was because she barely woke up, too.

Hiroshi looked at her hunched position as she wrote in her diary, her whole body visibly covered with bandages under the simple violet yukata she was wearing.

Those bandages reminded him once again how close they were to losing her.

The night Douma had ambushed Miyasha, the twins were barely able to intervene before he almost killed her; something that both the twins realized once the Sun had risen and the Upper Demon Moon withdrew with a mockingly sad look.

He still remembered how that fucking bastard was looking for Miyasha and exclaimed in a very creepy manner how much he will love to meet her again.

If the twins could, they would have ripped his throat apart at that moment.