25

'I've always had really good hearing... One time, I knew what people said while I was asleep, and that creeped everyone out.'

"You okay, Zenitsu-san?" A hand on his shoulder broke him away from his musings, making him look up to find concerned violet eyes staring back into his brown ones.

"Ah, I'm fine, Miyasha-san!" He gave his best smile, watching as she looked over him once again before shifting back to the eldest brother's injuries.

"If you feel pain in your head or if you need anything, please do not hesitate to tell me, alright?" She softly conveyed, her words directed at him. And her words honestly made him want to cry.

'Her heartbeat is so... serene and caring.'

For all his life, Zenitsu had always believed in whomever he wanted to believe in, despite the sounds he heard from them. But Miyasha...

'Her sound is so warm and caring... I don't think I've ever heard anything like it before.' And if he was being honest, then Tanjiro's heartbeats weren't like anything he had ever heard before either.

But where Tanjiro's was gentle and kind, Miyasha's were warm and caring— just like a big brother and an elder sister.

"Here!" Miyasha declared, giving Kiyoshi a bright close-eyed smile as she continued, "Your wound is now all covered up and bandaged! Now, I'll give you a portion of the medicines I applied on your leg so you can apply it once you go home, okay?" Upon Kiyoshi nodding, she proceeded to hand him a small wooden box and patted him, "Apply it at least once after every time you take a bath, okay? Also avoid applying cold water to the wound for at least the initial week— if it, by any chance, gets infected, just apply this medicine with some neem water, okay?"

"Hai, Miyasha-san!" Kiyoshi replied diligently, "Thank you so much for help, onee-chan!"

"You're welcome, dear." She patted him again, making Zenitsu feel a bit... left out, for some reason.

'Can I... get pats like that too?' He shook his head at his ridiculous thought, wondering where that came from.

"Is your head fine, Zenitsu-san?" Miyasha asked again upon noticing him shaking his head vigorously, "Look, if it pains or if your feel queasy, please do not hesitate to tell me, okay dear? Never think that you're bothering me or something, got it? This is literally my work, and if you hide them from me then I won't be able to help you, dear..."

Her eyes shone with genuine worry, making him feel warmer inside. Honestly, her caring for him just made him want start to crying again.

"I-I'm fine, Miyasha-san... I'll tell you if I feel any pain, trust me." He replied shyly, watching as her worry slowly decreased as she smiled at him softly.

"Miyasha-san, Miyasha-san!" Tanjiro suddenly called her, making both of them look towards the younger male in front of them, who was carrying several rocks with him, "Miyasha-san! We are going to burying the bodies... Will you help us bury them?"

"Help 'us'?" She asked suddenly, making Tanjiro pause at her question, "Who is the 'us' you are talking about, Tanjiro-san...?"

"Um, me, Shoichi—"

"No." Miyasha instantly interrupted Tanjiro, "I will help you completely only at one condition— none of the children will help us bury the body. I know it'll take less time if everyone helps but... they do not deserve to do all this at such a young age. And I promise I'll work fast enough so that all the burials are finished before the sunset."