35

He noticed how hard she tried to stay awake while sitting beside him; he also noticed when her body finally gave in, slumping on his shoulder in the drowsy state she was.

Which, if he were to be honest with himself, he didn't mind. Not one bit.

Giyuu turned his head slightly to notice the sleeping figure beside him; the moonlight making her soft features look even more delicate.

He wondered what he should do now— should he carry her to her bed or just sit here till she wakes up? Leaving her here would be considered bad, wouldn't it?

Giyuu sighed as he looked back up at the starry night.

Social etiquettes were something he was not comfortable with— largely due to his lack of knowledge in that field, especially during more informal of times like this one.

He didn't know if he should just wake her up or carry her to her room or just leave her there; he was not used to theis type of interactions which didn't help him either.

Giyuu tilted his head to look at her sleeping figure again, noticing how tired she actually looked. He had noticed how she skipped sleeping the past few days, working on her medicines and paperwork instead.

Once or twice he had thought about asking her if she needed any assistance, but hesitated to do so as he lacked any kind of knowledge to actually help her with anything.

Useless, like he always was.

Miyasha suddenly curled up, making him blink in surprise as she almost cradled his arm while she slept beside him.

Giyuu's eyes softened as he stared at her small, curled up form. Maybe he should carry her to her bed— it'll be a much more comfortable place than the wooden floor of the porch.

With that decided, Giyuu proceeded to slowly stand up; trying his best to not disturb her sleep as he gently scooped up her small frame in his arms.

And while he did so, he couldn't help but notice how small she was compared to him— even her hands were barely half of his size.

She had such a small frame and yet, he never felt her being as such— her loud and bold nature making up for what her stature lacked.

He still remembered the first time he had seen her; accidentally brushing paths with her younger self just after she killed a demon. He initially hadn't thought much of her, assuming her to be one of his fellow slayers till he noticed her pouring what seemed like her own blood over the demon corpse to clean up the scene.

That was when he knew she was not one of the slayers and neither was she a normal civilian.

Unfortunately, he couldn't intervene before she left— her aura and smell so repressed that he could hardly find her, despite following her out the bloody scene.

However, to his much surprise, it was only the first of many times they crossed paths— many of which he tried to be discreet in, and yet, she somehow always managed to find him; almost catching him red-handed, if it wasn't for his speed. It was only recently did he got to know that she could feel auras and that was the reason she was able to find him so easily.

He shook his head lightly as he dispersed the memories out of his head, focusing back on the present as he quietly opened the sliding door to her room and placed Miyasha gently on her futon.

He tucked her in gently, feeling the eyes of her Kasugai at him from the corner of the room. He looked up and noticed its (her?) orange orbs looking at him intently before turning back to its master.

Brushing that strange occurrence aside, Giyuu attempted to get up and leave before he heard her whimper in her sleep.

He watched she tossed around before curling up again, whimpering and shivering.