18

A/N:
Before we start (or before you kill me), the name of the arcs will start corresponding with the manga from the next one, because this arc is a mash-up of two manga arcs, so yeah.

Anyway, hope ya enjoy!

_________________________________________

(~<Blood Arc>~)

_________________________________________

A scream echoed through the night, instantly grabbing my attention.

I simultaneously changed my path, opting to jump over the roofs instead of sprinting down the streets as I was doing- it was easier too, not to mention I could feel the demon's aura more acutely now, without all the other auras of the humans in this village.

'There they are-' I jumped off the house's roof I was on, opening my fans as I looked over the situation in front of me; the male demon was about to bite the human's neck.

'Lower level demon.' I concluded as I slashed him with the tip of my nichirin fans, distracting him enough to loosen his grip on the female, enabling me to grab her from her waist and move away. The demon moaned in pain, recovering almost instantly from the angry red slashes on his arms and neck.

I looked down at the young lady in my arms, smiling at her reassuringly as I gently ordered her, "Run. And don't look back, okay ma'am?"

She looked very scared and shaken- I almost assumed she would refuse to leave, but the demon's loud grunting got her back to her senses, almost making her stumble out of my arms.

"Calm down, Miss! Please do not scream, okay?" I gave her an unhurried smile, listening minutely to the demon's nearing movements behind me. "I'll handle it from here. Go run to your home, and stay in please." I smiled at her one last time before opening my bloodied fan once again and slashed the demon's eyes, making it give out a short scream and fall back in shock. The lady ran back, just as I had instructed her to.

After looking back for one last time to see if there were any more humans around, I looked down at the demon in front of me, waiting for the effects of the blood to arise.

'It's a more... savage one.' I mused as I saw it arise, slower than it first did. Its movements were sloppy and looked as if he was struggling.

I stood there indifferent, watching silently as the demon sprawled back onto the ground; its flesh melting off of its body and slowly catching fire. Within the next few minutes, there was almost nothing of the demon left, besides the blood spilled over the soft earthy ground.

'Looks like I have to use my blood again...' I frowned, looking around the bloodied earth around me, 'It's honestly a wastage of material, but I have to clean up regardless.' That, or else the police would suspect a murder and there would be a whole lot of chaos that I was not willing to deal with.

I sighed softly as I sprayed the red mixture over the bloodied ground, watching it catch fire within the second it touched the ground. The unnatural white flames of the fire (not for the first time) made me wonder the reason behind their odd colour. Maybe it's because of some reaction between my blood and the demon's? But if so, then why would it not happen when I inject the demon with the blood or when it disintegrates?

Soon, the white flames died down, leaving no trace of blood on the field. I stored the pitcher back in my satchel, securing the liquid left.

'I might need to make more tomorrow...' I thought wryly as I moved away from the area. The Sun would be up in an hour or two, so I still had some time to hunt for any demons in this area. I jumped over the wooden fence on the field, sprinting over to somewhere higher for me to sense the auras better.