12

It'd been a couple of months since the revelation, and I was yet to get any kind of proof other than the words of the humans around me.

It's not that I thought they were lying— I know they were not lying. I could feel bloody auras— so it was little to no issue about that. In fact, the issue lied within myself; my inability to trust the irony of my luck.

I mean, which otaku hadn't dreamed of going to an anime world, at least once?

I did too (of course), but that's a complete different thing that the anime world I wanted to go to, was with a lot less danger than this one.

Regardless, I continued 'training myself' through yoga and the karate moves that I vaguely remembered from my last life— only the kicks and punches though, unfortunately.

This was my only way of reassuring myself that I had at least some part of my life in control.

My young body was really adaptable and its abnormal fast healing factor helped me through a lot of things— my joint and body pain (due to yoga) went away pretty quickly. In fact, I could even perform the yogas that my last life body refused to cooperate for.

But after practicing the same moves and poses weeks after weeks, I had nothing left to 'train' myself with. I couldn't train with Hiroshi or Hitoshi either because of how rudely I had brushed them off earlier and the fact that my body was a little too young to actually go through the training they had to do. It wasn't my intention to offend them though; I just wanted some time alone, especially after going through a major existential crisis. Though, neither of them seemed offended- only one of them seemed a little... troubled?

I mean, I couldn't say for sure; those two looked too similar to even distinguish which one was which, reading their similar faces was a feat of its own. And their auras were quite... mellow in itself, so it wasn't much help either.

Apparently, they were twins and seven years older than me, which was kind of unbelievable since they were much shorter than what eleven year olds' should be— at least that's what I think.

Brushing that aside, I was still trying to find a solution to the dilemma of my lack of 'training' material when I overheard the aforementioned boys being lectured by Koji.

Koji was sitting on the porch of the temple we lived in— yes, it was a temple, apparently Koji's teacher had been some kind of priest —and talking, louder than usual, about... breathing?

"Total Concentration breathing enables your body to gain the strength it needs to beat a demon by accelerating your blood circulation. Just remember to take a long breath as you brace your lower half and relax your upper body." His gruff voice commanded over the boys.

And that made me have my first 'Eureka!' moment— I had completely forgotten about the breath styles and techniques used in the anime and manga! I remember being so fascinated with it; not only were they scientifically true, but also practical and I had even (kind of) practiced it myself in my last life— though it was only through pranayama.

Maybe I should start practicing it in this life too; my body is still young and that might give me the edge I needed for my lack of strength. And if I could master performing it full time like Tanjiro did, then— wait, did that... mean I really was in Kimetsu no yaiba?