54

"Ohayo, Miyasha," the soft, breezy voice of Oyakata-sama greeted me in the morning as soon as I entered the Ubuyashiki Mansion, "Thank you for visiting me this early in the morning."

"Ohayo, Oyakata-sama, Amane-sama," I bowed to the couple in courtesy, "I am glad to see you both relatively doing well. Now, if I may ask, How is your pain today, Oyakata-sama?"

I swiftly entered the room and sat down as soon as I was allowed to; my mind only half-focusing on Oyakata-sama's reply as I started unpacking things from my trusty ol' white satchel that I brought in with me.

"Quite better," I could hear the smile in his voice as I felt a pair of eyes on me, "It's much lesser than normal, actually."

I paused to properly register his words before softly replying, "...Normal amount of pain is usually none, Oyakata-sama. I hope I can help you reach that point one day."

The surprised smile he gave me felt like a stab in my chest as both Amane and I exchanged an unexpected glance in mutual pain and pity.

"Ah, um, Oyakata-sama," I started somewhat hesitantly as I looked away from the couple, "May I have your permission to conduct a general check-up on your health before letting you know about my test results?"

"Yes, of course."

"Ah, then would you like me to check up on you in your current sitting position or would you like to lay down like the last time, instead?"

It has been about two days since I returned from Kamikochi after celebrating New Year's with them; the time I spent there almost felt like a joyful dream as I finally took a break to somewhat relax.

Staying there in nature, away from all the 'plot points' and 'characters' gave me some peace of mind — something that I seemed to desperately need but didn't realise until I was forced to take a break like that.

"Amane-sama," I couldn't help but smile at the white-haired female as she blinked at me blankly with her lavender eyes, "Would you mind helping me with the check-up, please? I think Oyakata-sama would be more comfortable with your touch than he would be with mine."

"Oh..." it was strange listening to her voice, which sounded much sweeter and softer than her strict expression may make one think, "What do you need me to do?"

"Please brush aside some of Oyakata-sama's hair and show me the progress of the... uh, the disorder, if you may?"

"The curse hasn't progressed much beyond what you saw a week prior," Oyakata-sama suddenly pipped up, surprising me as I did not expect that to happen, "In fact, I think I'm doing much better than before too, since the new prescription you gave me."

Before going on my last mission with Sanemi, I had a brief discussion with Oyakata-sama as he allotted me my mission; his health seemingly looked much better at that time than when I came in to give my report with Uzui.

Working on that observation, I suggested they incorporate some wisteria into his diet, along with lots of exposure to sunlight if they could.
And with how better he looked right now, I would like to believe that worked miracles as well.

"I haven't prescribed you anything beyond new painkillers and some anti-inflammatory medication, I'm afraid," I replied swiftly, "The most they may do is relieve you from the immense pain your disorder may cause while decreasing the physical discomfort and itchiness around your affected skin."

"Even so, thank you."

I decided to stay silent as I didn't quite believe I deserved the thanks for the bare minimum I did as a doctor; I turned my focus to the medications I had unpacked from my satchel instead.