33

"Now Miyasha... why the hell did you not tell us about this very important detail about your blood?!"

"Can we talk about it a bi—" I tried cutting the argument short and walking away, but Hitoshi wasn't having it.

"Do you care so little for us?"

"I-It's not like that, Toshi-senpai!" I stuttered as he looked down at me with his familiar blue-green gaze, hurt evident in his eyes beneath all that anger, "It's just... I was gonna tell you... once I actually settled in with all this." I admitted honestly, feeling guilty for hiding something like this from them.

The meeting had just ended and Oyakata-sama had dismissed us a while ago as he went inside to do his usual work.

While out here, both the newly-appointed snow pillars immediately jumped onto the chance of questioning me as soon as he left.

"Why didn't you tell us about it earlier? In fact, when did you even got to know about it?" Hitoshi questioned back, crossing his arms as he stared me down intimidatingly.

"Well... a few years back...?"

"...how many years is your few years?"

"...four." The receiving glares that fixed on me almost made me bolt the other way around.

"Did Ojiisan know about this?"

"Of course he did." I replied, "Who do you think told Oyakata-sama about my blood?" I asked rhetorically, still feeling infuriated over sensei's apparent betrayal.

'Though... I do get why he did that.' I mean, if I was in his place, I most likely would have done the same too... maybe.

"Wait, what?" Hiroshi blurted out, his eyebrows creasing in a frown as he evaluated my words, "You mean Oyakata-sama called—"

"Yes. Oyakata-sama already knew about my blood; I was not called here just because I was in that mountain mission— it was nothing but a coincidence, actually. A really convenient one, now that I think about it..."

"Wait, wait, so Ojiisan knew about your blood and told Oyakata-sama about it as well?" Hitoshi moved back to look between his twin and me, his eyes portraying his confusion effectively.

'He's so much more expressive than before...'

"Sent a letter requesting to keep an eye on me, to be more precise." I shot back, huffing as I continued, "I didn't knew about it either, trust me."

"And why the hell didn't you nor Ojiisan tell us about all this?"

"I... didn't want to worry you. Hey, don't look at me like that!" I huffed as Hitoshi crossed his arms again and called my reasoning bullshit.

"Give us one reason we shouldn't worry about you! You have an ability that can get you killed—"

"If not fully covered!" I cut Hitoshi off, not taking the chance for other Hashiras to hear and underestimate me too, "Not to mention only my own blood does that— which means even if Demon blood comes in contact with my skin, it won't burn me or anything."

"But being wounded would do, won't it?" Hiroshi's quietly asked; his serene voice and blue-green gaze making me almost feel like I was in an interrogation.

'It won't be anything new though.' I took in a deep breath and replied, "Not if I take proper care." closing my eyes immediately after to calm myself down.

It's kinda funny how little I value anyone else's opinion about me but if these two look even a little bit disappointed with me, I feel as if I failed the whole universe.