45

It sometimes amused Shinobu how some things turned out in the end — especially if it was something that seemed quite obvious at first and yet the end result still turned out to be quite unexpected.

And that exactly was what happened with her when she met Miyasha.

In fact, it was even more than that — the first time she had heard of that girl was when the Kinomiya twins had a whole packet of mochi delivered to them by their crows; making her quite confused about how they managed to teach their crows to buy stuff for them.

That's when she came to know about their junior, Sarota Miyasha — a girl who they loved to talk about, if given the chance. And with how many times those two ended up in the Butterfly Estate, it was safe to say that Shinobu had enough chances to know about their junior more than she would have cared to do so herself.

And then came the rather confusing incident of Hashiras and several other slayers getting already completed missions — the second time she unknowingly heard about her without even knowing it was her.

Then again, who could fault her in that when the twins had made it explicitly clear how her junior was not interested in being a demon slayer; a rather funny and ironic notion, now that Miyasha stood quite proudly as one in front of them.

What a play by fate, Shinobu mused as she walked down the hallway.

What made this even more amusing was that their said junior was a Dokuchi; making her a vital piece in the war against demons. She was the piece to the puzzle of a solution that could help her make the ultimate poison for demons — something, that could inevitably help them annihilate Kibutsuji.

And while that did sound ambitious, Oyakata-sama believed quite a bit in this batch of Hashiras — and with how she has never seen any of his advice or predictions go wrong, Shinobu was quite inclined to believe him.

Amusingly enough, did Miyasha seem to know exactly how much power she held over the Corps with the unique nature of her blood — a fact that made Shinobu somewhat impressed of her, as she noticed quite a few times how she used it to back the twins off her tail.

And honestly? It intrigued Shinobu more than she'll care to admit — especially with how complex and different Miyasha seemed despite her learning quite a lot about the said female from the now Hashira twins.

"I'm glad you talked to Aneki about it, Tanjiro," Shinobu paused as she heard a passing conversation from one of the windows in the hallway leading to the yard.

"I am glad too," She heard Tanjiro reply in a sheepish tone, "I am sorry for not listening to you earlier, Zenitsu."

"At least you did in the end," Shinobu smiled as she heard Zenitsu's exasperated voice, "Inosuke doesn't even bother. That animal has no regard for—"

Shinobu quietly chuckled as she started walking again; her mind reeling with thoughts about the conversation she just heard.

She knew they were talking about what happened a few nights ago; Shinobu hadn't given much thought to the situation during the time, with how urgently and in a rather panicked state Tanjiro had called her that night. Well, until after she was done checking Miyasha's injury, at least.

Once she was done, Shinobu had instantly noticed how the blood represented what was supposed to be Miyasha's tears — making her wonder what was that they were talking about that made her cry.

However, if it was a heart-to-heart chat, then it cleared a lot of things for her — like how Tanjiro had finally started sleeping and waking up at a more usual time (by his standards) and how he had started eating with his friends again; something that he had suddenly stopped doing after the day they returned injured.