32

"Miyasha-nee?" A soft voice called me from across the hallway, "Miya-nee!"

"I'm here, dear." I pressed a hand against my mouth, covering my yawn as I heard rapid footsteps approaching me.

"Miyasha-nee!"

"Yes, dear?" I turned to the approaching girl, noticing how tired she look, "Do you need some water, Naho-chan...?

"Shinobu-san was looking for you!" Naho declared as she finally reached me, "Please follow me!"

"Ah," I smiled sweetly at the braided girl, "Thank you for informing me, Naho-chan! Please be a dear and give me a few minutes, eh? I just woke up— so, I'll need a few minutes to function properly~"

"Hai, onee-chan!" Naho nodded, immediately jumping to help me stand up and straighten my clothes.

"Naho-chan is a very sweet girl!" I praised her, patting her softly as she gave me a bright smile, "Thank you so much for helping the poor, old me~"

"You're not old, onee-chan!" Naho replied innocently as she tugged on the sleeve of my new haori, "Let's go! Let's go! Or else you'll be late for the meeting!"

'You have no idea how old I am, dear.' I thought amusingly before asking, "Ah, so Shinobu-san is calling me for the meeting, hm?"

"Hai!" She exclaimed before 'dragging' me by my haori's sleeve, making a small smile bloom on my face involuntarily.

It had been a couple of days since I gained my consciousness back— and only a whole day or so since I was allowed to sleep outside in the sunlight.

'Though, they still aren't comfortable with the idea itself...' I mused wryly as I felt Aoi lurking nearby, always keeping an eye on me as I and Naho walked down the hallway, 'At least not yet, I guess.'

I couldn't blame them though; most of my habits were abnormal to say the least, and they really were doing their best to just let me continue as much as they could.

'Though it was funny when I asked her for a knife.' The corner of my lips pulled into a smirk as I remembered that incident; my hand automatically weaving through my now shoulder-length hair, 'Aoi was as pale as a ghost when she saw me turning that towards my neck.'

Well, in my defence, I was just trying to cut my hair— my hair grows too quickly and a bit too thick, making it a necessity to cut it almost every three months or braid it really tight since I couldn't dedicate much time to them with everything considered.

And because of that, I grew into the habit of chopping it off with the help of a knife instead of scissors— not to mention the one time when I actually did use scissors, it ended up looking way messier than it did when I chopped it with a knife.

And don't get me started on how easy it is to use knife for this. Just braid your hair and chop it off near the roots of the hair.

'But Aoi did give me a very neat haircut.' I mentally agreed, 'Even though the haircut looks a tad bit too similar to Shinobu's...'

I mean, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but...

"Ara ara, Miyasha-san," We heard Shinobu's voice, turning to see her standing at the gates of the Butterfly Estate with Tanjiro, "You finally arrived. I was eagerly waiting for you~!"