36

"Is..." I stared at the uniform in my hand questionably, "Is this my uniform?"

"Yes, Miyasha-chan." the bespectacled Kakushi replied tentatively, his eyes strangely roaming on my body before focusing on the uniform in my hand, "All female uniforms are li—"

"Please do not lie to me," I cut him off, feeling ridiculous for forgetting this part of the manga, "I have not only met many of the female slayers, but have also met the Hashiras. I assure you when I say I've seen many females wearing pants."

"Those are custom made and need to be told beforehand if anyone needs one like that." the Kakushi began to sweat in front of me as he averted his eyes from my unimpressed look.

"And may I ask why I was not told this when I sent my measurements to the sewing department a week prior?" I asked tiredly as I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Look, Kakushi-san, I need to be completely covered to avoid any kind of contact with demon blood, if possible. Skirts, I'm afraid, do not aid in that objective."

"I—" he started, but I cut him off before he could say anything more.

"I understand that this is literally your department and job, and that I am not a professional in all this," I respectfully stated, "But that does not mean I'm stupid. I have already consulted Shinobu-san as well as Oyakata-sama about my uniform and I would highly prefer if you make me a new one with proper coverage."

I glared at him as I noticed him stiffening upon hearing Oyakata-sama's name, "If needed, I'll give you a detailed description of exactly how I need my uniform to be made, alright? If you find any issue with it, please talk to Oyakata-sama or Shinobu-san about it."

I gave him a tight smile and left the room as he gulped while rubbing his forehead littered with nervous sweat.

'This is ridiculous.' I bitterly thought as I looked down at the offending uniform in my hands, 'The train mission can pop up any day now and this bloody idiot decided to mess up—' I shook my head and sighed as I entered the yard; I could feel a headache coming with all the stress I was feeling right now.

'I still don't get why the train arc didn't happen yet.' I immediately frowned at my own thought, 'I'm glad it didn't yet because Rengoku is alive and all, but why didn't it? Didn't he went to investigate about it a week ago? Has he not started that yet or just decided to observe and investigate before actually jumping in?'

Did Rengoku even know what train it was at this point of time?

I shook my head again, feeling lost as I tried to recount the timeline of the manga as much as I could.

As far as I did remember, the boys were done with their rehabilitation training by the time the mission popped up, which meant that—

'I still have time...' I felt relieved at the realisation; however, I could also feel the knot of dread growing in my lower abdomen, 'This means I still have a choice to make too, though.'

"That's a very serious face you're making, Sarota-chan!" A familiar voice echoed in the estate's yard, "Is it your weapons you are worried about? Because if it is, then I have a lot of good news for you!"

I chuckled as the cheery man literally hopped up to me, "Don't worry, Hassaku-san," I smiled as he started unwrapping the weapons he brought while sitting on the porch beside me, "It's not the weapons that worries me because I have complete faith in you and your skilful hands." I felt my smile widen as the older man beamed at me— even his pale orange mask couldn't hide his sunshine expression.