37

───────────────────────

(~<Demon Train Arc~>)

───────────────────────

"Flip a coin; and when the coin is in the air, you'll know exactly which side you are rooting for."

This was a huge mistake.

Well, technically it wasn't one since I hadn't done anything yet, but it didn't change the fact that I was going to do a huge mistake.

If I even could, that is.

'Who am I kidding here,' A shiver went through my body as I glided my swords in a circular motion, the moonlight shining down on the blades making them seem almost magical, 'Changing the plot is not that easy.'

Not to mention that I only had a few days to change the course of the plot— and to save people.
Again, if I could, that is.

I shook my head as I straightened up and took my stance to do the third form again.

It has been a day since the whole 'friendly' sparring with the twins, and I sure got my work cut out for me as performing my forms on the swords turned out to be harder than I expected them to be.

A shiver wrecked through my body again as the cold wind blew through— the forest was extra cold today for some reason, and that didn't help my training at all. Not to mention, I felt like I was wasting my time— me struggling with the swords was pathetic enough, to say the least, and I couldn't even go to anyone since my breathing technique was still pretty new.

'Should I even get involved?' the thought crossed my mind for the thousandth time, making me frown as I swung my swords even harder.

I can't afford to indulge in any self-doubt right now— my involvement could very well jeopardise many people's lives than the original plot already accounted for, and even if I can't protect them all, I have to give my all.

Not to mention, the ripples of my presence were already large enough; shying away from them now may not only cause more deaths but will also make me stand as a hypocrite and increase my ever-growing list of regrets.

'If I'm going to regret and feel guilty anyway,' I huffed, standing back up as I looked down on my swords in frustration, 'Then I should feel so after giving it a shot rather than not doing anything, right?'

The look on the dead bodies I had seen during the mountain mission flashed before my eyes, making a strange heaviness settle in my lower stomach as I rubbed my neck to warm up my cold frame a bit.

I couldn't save many of them there— and there was no guarantee I could do so even now. What if I did more harm than good? Would it still be worth the try?

'Is my existence really worth the lives my very presence jeopardizes?' I sighed and shook my head; this was not the time for all this.

Rubbing my neck and sighing again, I decided to take a break and note down my progress— which, honestly, wasn't much as I was struggling to maintain forms with my swords all because of my inadequate practice.

'Blue Blood, Third form— can be done on both swords and fans.' I mentally readout as I wrote down in my journal, planning and working through the forms I had been vaguely outlining for the past whole week, 'Nice. Now, all I have to do is name my other attacks...'